• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

Why don't you believe her? 

Well, for one, there really is no her to believe. The allegations are from an unverified mystery source that conveniently refuses to come forward or press charges. Facing ones accuser is one of the basics of American law. There is no one there, ergo there is nothing to discuss. 

55 minutes ago, Rico said:

Kavanaugh's friend who is also accused in the letter is Mark Judge.  Dude wrote a book all about the wild parties he had in high school.

can you post the chapter where he tells the story about he and Kavanaugh sexually assaulted this girl? 

thanks 

11 hours ago, Jason said:

At publishing time, new allegations had surfaced that Kavanaugh had utilized the Konami Code to beat Contra on the NES while in college.

Classic.

17 hours ago, Taylor said:

Why don't you believe her? Do you not think it's suspicious that the Republicans had a whole slew of people ready to vouch for Kavanaugh as soon as the allegation came out?

A bunch of people saying "he didn't do anything bad to me" proves nothing in and of itself.  But the fact that multiple people actually went on record with it while this single accuser did not definitely makes a statement.  And that's where a bunch of comparisons with other stories (like Clarence Thomas) are wrong - anonymous accusations are far more problematic. You have a constitutional right to face your accuser.  And while this isn't a trial, the logic of the Confrontation Clause exists here too.

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The best part of this circus by the Democrats is that even if they got a rejection, the next candidate would be further right and they would have even less chance to stop the nomination. At least Kavanaugh is almost centrist. 

just like the impeach Trump movement.

Dems really need to learn how to see more than one move at a time.

22 hours ago, Blarg said:

Well, for one, there really is no her to believe. The allegations are from an unverified mystery source that conveniently refuses to come forward or press charges. Facing ones accuser is one of the basics of American law. There is no one there, ergo there is nothing to discuss. 

This isn't a court of law, and this isn't a criminal trial. Not saying that I buy it, but that isn't the right argument.

Speaking publicly for the first time, Ford said that one summer in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh and a friend — both “stumbling drunk,” Ford alleges — corralled her into a bedroom during a gathering of teenagers at a house in Montgomery County.

While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it. When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth.

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford, now a 51-year-old research psychologist in northern California. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”

during the clarence thomas hearings, there was a joke that went like this: have you heard about the anita hill doll? you wind it up, and ten years later it talks.

this is worse because it's over 35 years ago. I don't want to diminish what happened to this girl - it was horrible for her and should have been dealt with at the time. to drag this out now smacks of desperation politics.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

during the clarence thomas hearings, there was a joke that went like this: have you heard about the anita hill doll? you wind it up, and ten years later it talks.

this is worse because it's over 35 years ago. I don't want to diminish what happened to this girl - it was horrible for her and should have been dealt with at the time. to drag this out now smacks of desperation politics.

What "might have" happened to this girl.

So now we're hearing that Jeff Flake will kill the nomination in committee if he doesn't hear testimony by the accuser from Kavanaugh's high school days, 35 friggin' years ago. 

Hard to believe, but I think the nomination is dead until after the midterms (if the Republicans can pick up another couple of seats and add a member on the committee).

With 'friends' like Flake, the GOP doesn't need enemies.