• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Really?  You can't come up with even one reason why she might be lying?  Not one?

Why are you doing this ? We don’t know one way or the other.  I tend to believe women who make these accusations.  At least I’m willing to grant that we don’t know.  You seem to want to lean that she’s lying. 

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why are you doing this ? We don’t know one way or the other.  I tend to believe women who make these accusations.  At least I’m willing to grant that we don’t know.  You seem to want to lean that she’s lying. 

I'm leaning towards "let's see what facts or evidence comes forward."  I don't believe her, as you do.  I also don't disbelieve her.  I honestly don't understand how people are casting their votes/opinions with so little information.  

Just now, Geoff said:

I'm leaning towards "let's see what facts or evidence comes forward."  I don't believe her, as you do.  I also don't disbelieve her.  I honestly don't understand how people are casting their votes/opinions with so little information.  

I just told you that I don’t know.  Christ. 

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

She was apparently 15 and he was 17.

Honest question:  where did you see this?  I've been looking all over and the only thing I've seen is "early 1980's."  Her statement provided no actual year (which I find odd).  She would have been 13 in 1980 and he would have been 15.  If she was 15, I don't understand why she didn't say "in 1982..."

Just now, Geoff said:

Honest question:  where did you see this?  I've been looking all over and the only thing I've seen is "early 1980's."  Her statement provided no actual year (which I find odd).  She would have been 13 in 1980 and he would have been 15.  If she was 15, I don't understand why she didn't say "in 1982..."

1) When the hell is 1982 if not the early 80's?

2) Read the article I linked to. It's in there.

18 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

1) When the hell is 1982 if not the early 80's?

2) Read the article I linked to. It's in there.

1) When the hell did I say 1982 was not the early 1980's?  I said I hadn't seen it.  I was going off her letter to Sen. Diane where she only says early 1980's

2) Thanks for answering my question. 

I can see why her letter only says early 1980's, since the article you linked to points out she's not really sure when it happened.

14 minutes ago, Geoff said:

LOL ... you just told me that you believe her!

What I was attempting to say was that generally, I give women the benefit of the doubt.  Because A: In my life I’ve seen men not uncommonly be disgusting and abusive to women, and B:  I think that the risk of putting this out in the public is quite terrible for the victim if it’s true.  

Look, I know she could be lying,  I know this could be dirty politics.  I acknowledge that possibility.  We just don’t know.  I agree with you that more facts should come to fore.  Maybe they never will.  That’s an issue with he said she said.   All this aside though, I stand by my assertion that he’s a piece of shit nominee. 

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What’s your point here ? What difference does it make why she was there ? If something happened it’s a big problem. 

of course it is. nobody is saying that if it did indeed occur, it isn't a problem. please don't make it into that. 

it doesn't take away from the fact that allowing your 13-yr old girl to go to a party with a bunch of drunk high schoolers is a bad idea. 

EDIT: what Blarg said 

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

of course it is. nobody is saying that if it did indeed occur, it isn't a problem. please don't make it into that. 

it doesn't take away from the fact that allowing your 13-yr old girl to go to a party with a bunch of drunk high schoolers is a bad idea. 

EDIT: what Blarg said 

I don’t think anyone would dispute that. 

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What’s your point here ? What difference does it make why she was there ? If something happened it’s a big problem. 

What exactly DID happen? I think it's essential to know the details, and yes, have some corroboration if you're going to destroy a federal judge. There's groping and then there's attempted rape. Big difference.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Jeff Flake is having second thoughts and wants to hear from the accuser in public under oath. 

He may not vote with the other Republicans to move this nomination forward otherwise. It has to get out of committee before the full Senate votes.

How did we go from this woman not wanting to be involved to this mess in a couple of days?

Flake will do this just to spite Trump