• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

It will be tons of lols when Roe vs Wade isn't brought up in the Supreme Court since it hasn't been overturned in 46 years. 

Think of that Rico, it's a law older than you are and at anytime your mom could have said, I don't think it's time for a baby and you were never here. Never able to fight so hard for a law that ultimately erased your existence. 

Nice conundrum, don't you think? 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I love how you guys are so incredulous about this.  I wonder how McConnell and the republicans would deal with this if the shoe was on the other foot.  I’m sure they’d guarantee a wholly dignified process. 

I agree they would act the same way. They did for the Garland nomination. 

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Another unproven assertion. You like grasping at straws. 

He said he never saw those documents while at the same time having them in his possession and he even sent them to other people with notes.  This dude took notes on a criminal conspiracy. Stringer Bell would not be happy. 

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Inappropriate behavior that happened 35+ years ago where alcohol was involved. How can any of this be credible? I don't know about you guys, but I don't remember much from my drunken teenage nights.

I know enough that I never tried to force myself on a girl or covered her mouth with my hand to keep her from screaming.  Also, alcohol is not an excuse. 

26 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It will be tons of lols when Roe vs Wade isn't brought up in the Supreme Court since it hasn't been overturned in 46 years. 

Think of that Rico, it's a law older than you are and at anytime your mom could have said, I don't think it's time for a baby and you were never here. Never able to fight so hard for a law that ultimately erased your existence. 

Nice conundrum, don't you think? 

The next immigrant child could grow up to cure cancer but y'all have them locked up in cages.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

It doesn't help Kavanaugh that the guy accused of being in the room with them has written this.

I went the extra mile and actually read all of it and not just the highlighted parts.  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like he's describing a genre of books or movies here.

50 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And what they did with Garland was far, far worse.  Like incomparably worse. 

What the GOP did to Garland was incredibly bad.  Horrible. 

I think it's way too early to say it was incomparably worse.  This guy may be getting falsely accused of sexual assault.  If this turns out to not be turn, I would say this is incomparably worse.

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

What the GOP did to Garland was incredibly bad.  Horrible. 

I think it's way too early to say it was incomparably worse.  This guy may be getting falsely accused of sexual assault.  If this turns out to not be turn, I would say this is incomparably worse.

Ugly and mean appointment hearings are well within the normal scope of our partisan politics.  If Kavanaugh didn’t want the scrutiny he should have declined the nomination.  This man has been in politics a long time.  He knew exactly how this was going to be.  He’s a terrible nominee btw.  He’s probably a felon.  The republicans went way outside the standard mechanism of due diligence trying to conceal information about him.  I’m sorry if it turns out that this stuff is false, but frankly.  There’s no reason to believe its likely to be false. There’s no reason to believe one way or the other.  Trump nominated him because he wants someone to protect him.  The whole thing is fuc*king corrupt.  The only reason the democrats can make this much noise is because he’s a piece of shit nominee.   Donald should have and could have picked someone cleaner. 

What the republicans did with Garland was fundamentally alter the institutional norms of of our governance.  It’s unconscionable.  Some of you guys don’t like it that I say there has to be payback.  Severe payback.  Sorry, the right doesn’t get to have everything snap back to normal when it’s convenient.  There has to be a consequence, or they will do it again when they can.  Being mean to Brett Kavanaugh is not a consequence.  This is what’s so dangerous about what they’ve done.  There’s no clear way out of this spiral.  The Democrats get nothing for allowing it to pass.  They can’t.  You’ll have to forgive my indifference to Kavanaugh getting dragged through the mud. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Democrats are going to lose this battle holding their breath and their faces will turn blue before they pass out. This will cause more brain damage which would increase the amount of Ocasio Cortez candidates in their party that they will fawn over. Eventually they will all die drowning in a rainstorm looking up at the clouds with their mouths open thinking their spirit guide is crying. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Democrats are going to lose this battle holding their breath and their faces will turn blue before they pass out. This will cause more brain damage which would increase the amount of Ocasio Cortez candidates in their party that they will fawn over. Eventually they will all die drowning in a rainstorm looking up at the clouds with their mouths open thinking their spirit guide is crying. 

Nobody thinks they’re going to stop Kavanaugh from being appointed Blarg.