• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

41-40 halfway point

Baseball struggles with the length of the season but is somewhat historically trapped into keeping the season at 162.  I suppose going to 154 would be ok but that doesn't really solve the problem of fans losing interest  in June "until next year" when their team is 12 games out.

How much MORE interested in this season would you be if mlb had a first and second half winner and the Angels could be starting their quest today in winning the second half?

At this point I don't see any good reason not to have a 1st and 2nd half.

More fans of more teams interested in more games. . .

19 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Baseball struggles with the length of the season but is somewhat historically trapped into keeping the season at 162.  I suppose going to 154 would be ok but that doesn't really solve the problem of fans losing interest  in June "until next year" when their team is 12 games out.

How much MORE interested in this season would you be if mlb had a first and second half winner and the Angels could be starting their quest today in winning the second half?

At this point I don't see any good reason not to have a 1st and 2nd half.

More fans of more teams interested in more games. . .

Do you mean 1st and 2nd half winners in lieu of the wild cards or in addition to?

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

On second thought, no first and second half wanted.

The standings today would show the Angels as having the worst record in baseball in the second half.

but only a game out of 1st place!