• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

• 1 month later...

A second In-N-Out Burger in the Treasure Valley? Burger franchise looks to Boise

https://idahonews.com/news/local/a-second-in-n-out-burger-in-the-treasure-valley

About a month after it was learned that In-N-Out applied for a permit for a new restaurant at The Village in Meridian near Fairview and Eagle Road, the mega-popular burger franchise appears to have its eyes set on Boise, too.

According to permits hosted on the City of Boise website, In-N-Out wants to build a new location at 140 N. Milwaukee Street in Boise.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

Chick-fil-A is America’s favorite restaurant — for the 8th year in a row

https://nypost.com/2022/07/01/chick-fil-a-is-us-favorite-restaurant-for-the-8th-time/amp/

At some of the Chick-fil-A locations I've been to in the last couple years, the service has gone way down. It used to be on par with INO for exceptional service, but now it's just a couple notches above McDonald's.

I think it's because they pay employees minimum wage, so the only people they can hire in OC are high schoolers or adult children who still live with their parents.

INO starts their employees at $17.50 an hour, a full $2.50 above the new CA minimum wage, so it's probably easier for them to attract good employees and keep them motivated. 

20 minutes ago, Taylor said:

INO starts their employees at $17.50 an hour, a full $2.50 above the new CA minimum wage, so it's probably easier for them to attract good employees and keep them motivated. 

@Taylor has obviously looked into this in some detail.

10 hours ago, Taylor said:

At some of the Chick-fil-A locations I've been to in the last couple years, the service has gone way down. It used to be on par with INO for exceptional service, but now it's just a couple notches above McDonald's.

I think it's because they pay employees minimum wage, so the only people they can hire in OC are high schoolers or adult children who still live with their parents.

A whole $2.50!?!

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Adds up if you're an hourly worker.

So, I do math for a living. $2.50 over a normal 40 work week (sans taxes and any FICA) is $100. What are you really left with sir, and what adds up? Consider where we are at and inflation or the cost of gas.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So, I do math for a living. $2.50 over a normal 40 work week (sans taxes and any FICA) is $100. What are you really left with sir, and what adds up? Consider where we are at and inflation or the cost of gas.

I agree. That's why minimum wage should increase every year with inflation.

Yep, just 15% higher, and within a year or so you are probably making $19-20 an hour.  If you choose to go into management and become a store manager, then it is roughly 100-400% higher than others in the industry.  If you top out at assistant manager then its a bit more than the managers of other places.  

On 7/2/2022 at 10:47 AM, Taylor said:

Their service has gone down in places.  Their decline is mainly in highly populated areas. It started about the time they began focusing on diversity over quality in the hiring process. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep, just 15% higher, and within a year or so you are probably making $19-20 an hour.  If you choose to go into management and become a store manager, then it is roughly 100-400% higher than others in the industry.  If you top out at assistant manager then its a bit more than the managers of other places.  

This is the main reason I’m opposed to welfare. We’ve taught kids to frown on the fast food jobs but they do provide adequate incomes to those willing to work and stick with it. The hours aren’t always great but in many states assistant manager or manager pay will support a two income family.