• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

7 games over .500 No complaints here

4 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Boston/Houston/NYY seem to be a cut above everyone else in the AL. After that I'd go Cleveland (weren't they also a .500 team for a long time last year before going on a huge tear?),  Seattle, then us. Seattle I think is having their equivalent of our 2014 season where they play over their heads for an entire year before Dipoto's GMing catches up to them. 

On the bright side, we've actually done well against our division so far this year so that bodes well going forward. 

Ironic because the Halos 2014 season was his 3rd here, and this season is his 3rd in Seattle.    Expect him to quit in 1-2 years then?

Then we can blackmail the Astros to fire Luhnow and hire him.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I think they are also giving Trout and the rest of the lineup Thursday off too. Hopefully they are all back in the lineup Friday.

I'm getting old.  My brain doesn't always work correctly.  Yes, of course... I even said as much earlier.  For some reason I thought today was Wednesday.  Like I said, I'm getting old.

Just now, True Grich said:

I'm getting old.  My brain doesn't always work correctly.  Yes, of course... I even said as much earlier.  For some reason I thought today was Wednesday.  Like I said, I'm getting old.

I hear ya! My brain has been complete and utter mashed potatoes the last few weeks. Do yourself a favor and never get into public entity commercial insurance :P California is a disaster!

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

Me too.  But then who?  Cleveland?  Seattle?  Angels?  

I would probably go Cleveland, Angels, Seattle in that order.  

We play Seattle a ton the rest of the season, something like 15 more times.  They have a better bullpen, but outside of that we have a better team.  We have the better offense, the better defense, and better starting staff.  We also have more pieces to get what we need, if they decide to go that way.  

Gun to my head

1. Boston 

2. Houston 

3. New York

4. Cleveland 

5. Angels 

6. Mariners 

I might be a bit bias with 5-6 lol it’s a toss up right now iyam 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

There is that.   My main concern is the Halos playing 6 games in Seattle this month, before they likely work on the bullpen issue in July.

And one correction only to your other post: currently the M's have the better offense.     The M's of course have the much better pen.    When the Halos lineup is healthy and playing to its' potential, then they have a better lineup than the M's sans Cano.   They of course have deeper starting pitching than the M's. 

I was going off of runs scored and team OPS+.  We have scored 20 more runs and have the smallest of leads in OPS+.  We also have them in OPS, slugging and OBP.  They have us in average.  We’ve done this with a nonexistent right field situation, as well as a slumping (although much better of late) 2nd baseman.   

30 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I was going off of runs scored and team OPS+.  We have scored 20 more runs and have the smallest of leads in OPS+.  We also have them in OPS, slugging and OBP.  They have us in average.  We’ve done this with a nonexistent right field situation, as well as a slumping (although much better of late) 2nd baseman.   

Good point, and against a more difficult schedule than the M's have faced.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Why is Cleveland better than us?

I think that Cleveland is basically the Angels with a better offense and worse (yep) bullpen.  They play in an awful division so, despite the fact the Angels will finish with a similar record, they will win their division.

51 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

I think that Cleveland is basically the Angels with a better offense and worse (yep) bullpen.  They play in an awful division so, despite the fact the Angels will finish with a similar record, they will win their division.

WTH happened to Miller, McAllister, and Otero?   Even Allen is down some (3.76 ERA), although his WHIP (1.10) is still solid enough and he's the only reliever doing anything there.

Plus they are the anti-Halos.    Both have solid starting pitching.  

But whereas the Halos have gone largely with 6 starters, the Indians top four starters (Kluber, Bauer, Clevenger, and Carrasco) have made 50 of the Indians starters' 60 starts and are on pace to AVERAGE 220 innings each.    Tomlin has the next most starts with SIX, and has sucked so far. 

5 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Are you sure about that? 

I think he’s done regardless of this seasons outcome. He’s financially set and between the Dogs and Angels he’s already flown over 2M miles. I think he will probably move into a non everyday type of management position with the Angels. 

40 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

I think he’s done regardless of this seasons outcome. He’s financially set and between the Dogs and Angels he’s already flown over 2M miles. I think he will probably move into a non everyday type of management position with the Angels. 

Retiring early is only way he doesnt make the HOF

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

He’s going to the HOF. His management credentials are solid.

I dont think he is there yet.  I always felt it would be a lick because another 5 years would get him top 10 in wins.  He is in the top 20 now and most not all in the top 20 are in the HOF