• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

7 games over .500 No complaints here

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Need to beat the bad teams

never play the Red Sox or Yankees the rest of the season lol but there’s a Fenway visit left 

So how do you feel about our chances in Boston?  Also if those two teams are the cream of the crop (I personally think Houston is better than NY), don’t you see us closing the gap between us and Seattle since we’re basically done with them and they haven’t started playing them yet?

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

One thing is for certain. We will not be playing a wild card game at Angels Stadium.

We are miles behind the probable first wild card team, either Boston or New York. 

It's always better to win the division and skip that stupid play-in game where anything can happen.

And playing at home hasn't had it's perks necessarily this year, so maybe this is good. 

Edited by jordan

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

One thing is for certain. We will not be playing a wild card game at Angels Stadium.

We are miles behind the probable first wild card team, either Boston or New York. 

It's always better to win the division and skip that stupid play-in game where anything can happen.

Good point.  We are much closer to the division than to the first wild card.  I don’t think we are as good as the Astros over 162 game season.  However anything can happen in a one game playoff and anything can happen in a 7 game series.  Shoot for the division, settle for the Wild Card.  It is a long season, and teams like Seattle will level out.  Make smart moves to improve the team without mortgaging the future and make a run.  

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Now 22-25 since the 13-3 start

Against the Royals, Rangers, and O's....14-1

Against the rest of MLB....21-27

Taking care of business against the bad teams, needs work against the solid teams.

I think it is fair to point out that we are what, 3-3 against the Astros, 2-1 against Seattle and 5-2 against the A’s.  These are the teams we will be playing against most often.  

41 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

So how do you feel about our chances in Boston?  Also if those two teams are the cream of the crop (I personally think Houston is better than NY), don’t you see us closing the gap between us and Seattle since we’re basically done with them and they haven’t started playing them yet?

Well let’s hope so. 

But if they go 5-5 , 4-6 in that same stretch that’s already better than what the angels did. 

Boston just keeps winning and hasn’t skipped a beat without Betts.

id go 

1. Boston 

2 . Houston 

3. New York 

6 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Well let’s hope so. 

But if they go 5-5 , 4-6 in that same stretch that’s already better than what the angels did. 

Boston just keeps winning and hasn’t skipped a beat without Betts.

id go 

1. Boston 

2 . Houston 

3. New York 

Me too.  But then who?  Cleveland?  Seattle?  Angels?  

I would probably go Cleveland, Angels, Seattle in that order.  

We play Seattle a ton the rest of the season, something like 15 more times.  They have a better bullpen, but outside of that we have a better team.  We have the better offense, the better defense, and better starting staff.  We also have more pieces to get what we need, if they decide to go that way.  

32 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Now 22-25 since the 13-3 start

Against the Royals, Rangers, and O's....14-1

Against the rest of MLB....21-27

Taking care of business against the bad teams, needs work against the solid teams.

Losing 3 of 4 to both Tampa and Detroit really hurt.  We would have been in good shape to win the division had we won those two series.

And since we are on win/loss records

We are 1-8 against Boston and the Yanks.  34-20 against the rest of the league.

We are 15-7 within our division.  Its interesting testing Seattle is only 14-13 within division

26 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I think it is fair to point out that we are what, 3-3 against the Astros, 2-1 against Seattle and 5-2 against the A’s.  These are the teams we will be playing against most often.  

There is that.   My main concern is the Halos playing 6 games in Seattle this month, before they likely work on the bullpen issue in July.

And one correction only to your other post: currently the M's have the better offense.     The M's of course have the much better pen.    When the Halos lineup is healthy and playing to its' potential, then they have a better lineup than the M's sans Cano.   They of course have deeper starting pitching than the M's. 

35 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Are we?  or is the dominance of NY /Bos based on the same things as Seas recent surge?  Look at who they have played, Bos has had a steady diet of crap, having played only 5 series against 500 or better teams and about 14 against sub 500s.  NY about the same.  We have played about 8 in comparison. 
im not suggesting they are not good, but "miles ahead"... idk, all depends on what moves happen i think. 

I have a "feeling" that Trout batting in the 3 hole the last two games is a precursor of things to come.  I won't be surprised if he continues to hit 3rd when Pujols comes back.  I won't be surprised if Pujols is hitting 5th or even 6th (when Ohtani is in the lineup) moving forward.  He will have had 3 days off by the time the Angels face the Twins.  It may look like the Angels are "easing" him back into the lineup when this was the plan and process all along.  I might be wrong - but I'm predicting this will be the case.  He might not drop down as far as 6th, but I'm still guessing he will be hitting 5th moving forward. We'll see.

Boston/Houston/NYY seem to be a cut above everyone else in the AL. After that I'd go Cleveland (weren't they also a .500 team for a long time last year before going on a huge tear?),  Seattle, then us. Seattle I think is having their equivalent of our 2014 season where they play over their heads for an entire year before Dipoto's GMing catches up to them. 

On the bright side, we've actually done well against our division so far this year so that bodes well going forward. Where we've really been shooting ourselves in the foot is against the mid-tier non-division teams like the Tigers, Rays, Giants, and Twins, and there aren't that many of those games thankfully.