• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supreme Court decision of the day

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think there are some people that believe that the SCOTUS sided with the State of Texas and that they believe the law is constitutional. That is not what has happened here.  

Yeah, it's weird that people actually think the SCOTUS sided with TX and against Roe vs Wade.  

16 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Your point was nobody has been negatively affected. Who knows when the will eventually take up the case. 

I meant negatively affected in the legal sense meaning they have filed a lawsuit. now that its the law there I'm certain folks have already started filing stuff 

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm pretty sure the law is being tried in the lower courts. The emergency stay was about the SC pausing the law while it's being debated in the courts, or allowing it to continue.  

This is correct. They decided to let this play out like every other law created. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Another dumb question. Doctors and even educators get insurance against lawsuits for actions performed while doing their duties. Do police pay into some kind of insurance for situations like this?

Most have legal representation through their unions.  

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Another dumb question. Doctors and even educators get insurance against lawsuits for actions performed while doing their duties. Do police pay into some kind of insurance for situations like this?

Educators get insurance?  That's weird.  First time I've heard that.  

Guess it makes sense.  Business owners get insurance also.  

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

My wife's a school counselor and they're insured against lawsuits. Might be because they work with mental health. I'm not sure if other educators do. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I think as a private school teacher I’m insured up to a point. Honestly don’t know what is and isn’t covered as we really never discuss it.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:42 PM, gotbeer said:

it’s not really insurance. Teachers (among other caregivers)  are mandatory reporters in cases of suspected abuse or neglect. The law protects us against retaliatory action.

https://ccsd.net/district/policies-regulations/pdf/5152_R.pdf

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Sotomayor: "100,000 children in hospitals in serious condition, many on ventilators."

WTH?!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sonia-sotomayor-roasted-false-information-about-child-covid-hospitalizations

Just wait till the abortion debates.  The left judges will be saying something like 750 million abortions a year, and banning it would be racist.