• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Orioles (5/3/2018)

5 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

I remember when Brandon Wood used to have killer numbers at SLC too. I’m sure there is a good reason Angels management still has him in the minors.

Pretty sure Brandon Wood now works at Costco checking membership cards at the door.

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

I remember when Brandon Wood used to have killer numbers at SLC too. I’m sure there is a good reason Angels management still has him in the minors.

Probably, but that's not really a good comparison - Brandon Wood was a BA consensus #1 prospect that just failed inexplicably. There's none of the 'hype' baggage with Blash. An interesting question; does the team owe anything to a player who excels at their top minor league level? If, say, a kid at SLC sees what Blash is doing and that it results in a non-callup, does that potentially disillusion the kid? Teams tell their minor league players 'just go down and work hard, and if you succeed, good things will happen'.  Even if you view Blash as a 4-A player (which he probably is at this point), might it not be worth giving him a week in the bigs and sit Kole for a while to get his head straight? I don't think Blash will do any worse than Calhouns 4 fer 55 over the last 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

We’ll I’m sure he’s working hard to get to the majors. I’m  just wondering what SD and the Yankees figured out about Blash that got him gift wrapped twice in two months.

They're stupid? 

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

They're stupid? 

Padres took on Headley’s salary so yes they’re stupid. Although they’re going to be a young competitive team in a couple of years and they didn’t include Blash in the plan. The Yankees aren’t stupid. They know.

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

Of course, the Yankees have never made a mistake on player personnel 

The difference is that the Yankees can absorb their mistakes a lot easier than the Padres or Angels. How long did we wait for Hamilton and Wilson to clear the books?

25 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

The difference is that the Yankees can absorb their mistakes a lot easier than the Padres or Angels. How long did we wait for Hamilton and Wilson to clear the books?

That would explain the $3.5 BILLION in salaries in the last 17 years and one WS win to show for it.   

Its pretty funny that you hate overpaying players but love to orally pleasure the Yanks.  

11 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

That would explain the $3.5 BILLION in salaries in the last 17 years and one WS win to show for it.   

Its pretty funny that you hate overpaying players but love to orally pleasure the Yanks.  

Does that make them the Fellatees?

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

So what? 

A mistake is a mistake. 

1 hour ago, SuperTroopers said:

We are talking about Jabari Blash. Is he high on your list? Is he a top 100 prospect? He was an 8th round pick by the Mariners in 2010. Where has he been?