• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s embarassing

I’ve always disliked Arte, but I feel for the guy because in large part Angels fans are shit.  They buy their tickets and sell them to Yankees fan.  Our home stadium is a f’n joke and our players deserve better. 

Arte put a great product on the field and every home game is Fenway West, Yankee Stadium West, AT&T Park south. 

Richards isn’t helping but good fucking God, this sucks.  

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I’ve always disliked Arte, but I feel for the guy because in large part Angels fans are shit.  They buy their tickets and sell them to Yankees fan.  Our home stadium is a f’n joke and our players deserve better. 

Arte put a great product on the field and every home game is Fenway West, Yankee Stadium West, AT&T Park south. 

Richards isn’t helping but good fucking God, this sucks.  

We really have no one to blame but ourselves.  

3 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It's the same thing with the Ducks.

Orange County just doesn't have enough diehard sports fans to pack the place with Angels fans every night. It's a fact

Nailed it. We don’t even vote for our best players to get to the All Star Game. Oh well I don’t want to rant about it. I’m just frustrated with fans that just attend games to get the latest bobblehead or Trout blanket and hit the exit gate before the 8th inning. 

I'm a big critic of Orange County sports fans. But I can't deny that there are a lot of other options to professional sports for the entertainment dollar in Southern California. It's a real push-pull relationship. There are many other things to do in weather this good.

But I don't understand how lackadaisical we are as fans. Our team is over-achieving.

The Ducks met the Fate they deserved. Football is idle. We are the only game in town, in Orange County. We should be rabid right now.

" I'll have another nachos, easy on the jalapenos, please. Oh, and a Summer Shandy for the wife, please." 

37 minutes ago, Glen said:

Going to a baseball game is a tremendous waste of money.

That said, going to my first game this year on Thursday to get that sweet poncho. Guess I'm a bad fan.

Angels Poncho bro? I have interest. What Thursday are we talking? lol

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Going to a baseball game is a tremendous waste of money.

That said, going to my first game this year on Thursday to get that sweet poncho. Guess I'm a bad fan.

Dont feel bad Glen( not that i think you do) the only game ive been to so far was the Pujols giveaway on the 6th. Guess im a piece too lol

Maybe it is because there are new players this year, but last years team seemed to fight back in these situations.  The Angels look mentally beat by the end of the first inning in each of the Red Sox games and last night's Yankee game.

Scouting report on the Angels:

1. Score early.

2. Let Upton, Pujols, Valbuena, Calhoun, Maldonado hit.

3. Pitch Trout carefully with no concern if he walks.

4. Be patient hitting-the Angel pitchers will make multiple location mistakes during every at bat.

I have no problem with fans leaving early.  I used to be the guy that would stay all the way to the last out, but nope not anymore.  Part of it is I am a grown up with grown up responsibilities.  The other part is, and I think this is a much bigger part of it, is how accessible baseball is these days.  Some of the guys my age or older remember only getting 25-30 games a year on TV.   Listening on the radio was hit or miss because reception was always spotty after dark.  Now I can watch every single game on TV.  Now I can listen to a stream of every single game.  Now I can buy tickets to every single game.  Bottom line is I have become spoiled.  I am not less passionate about the team because I don't want to watch bad baseball or because I want to get home at a reasonable time.  

3 minutes ago, artesmustache said:

season tickets are a terrible value if you break it down, can't blame anyone for wanting to recoup some money by selling the high demand games. 

They aren't really a terrible value if you are buying four tickets in the buy two get two, assuming they still have that.