• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

World Champs, Angels?

Torridd

15 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

That’s a nice approach to take. I really do enjoy Trout and Ohtani. I would not mind seeing the young guys take over even with the growing pains. I just don’t see guys like Calhoun, Kinsler, Cozart, Upton or Pujols leading us to a championship. Their upside time has passed. I just enjoy baseball and respect teams that choose to get younger. 

I think you have unrealistic expectations. Arte has said he's never going to rebuild.  It is what it is.  I'm fine with it.

There's a great line from the movie "Fever Pitch" - Jamie Fallon's character - Ben says,  "It’s good for your soul to give yourself completely to something you have no control over."  We have no control over what the Angels do or how they play, etc.  Roll with it.  Embrace it. It's baseball.  It's not life and death stuff.  Yes, losing sucks - but I don't believe Arte has; at anytime, tried to tank. 

There's lots of ways to build a championship team.  Seems like every time a team wins one - everyone wants to follow that blue print. Baseball doesn't work that way.  It's hard to win it all. So many teams go years and years without winning it all.  Everyone thinks they have the formula to win it all.  We've had some good runs and 2002 was amazing. I want to feel that again - but I know it's not going to be easy.  So many factors have to go right and we don't even know what all those factors are.

You have a lot of angst over the Angels.  It spills over in here all the time.  Quite frankly, I've given serious thought to just ignoring you (by actually using that feature on this site) because it really does get tiresome to read some of the stuff you post.  I rarely respond because I know it's not going to change your view or who you are.  So, I have a choice... I choose to ignore you most of the time (without actually using the ignore function).  I'm not trying to insult you here.  Angels baseball is supposed to be fun and I think we all get what we want out of being a fan. 

Being a fan can be emotionally draining.  Dealing with negative fans is also draining.  I can't control what the Angels do, but I can control what I read and who I listen to. 

I appreciate the folks on this site who put a smile on my face.  I appreciate those who are insightful, constructive and add value to my enjoyment of being a fan.  I'd rather not spend my time focused on those who lessen my enjoyment.  I know people say "misery loves company" - but I'd rather not share time with people who appear to be miserable - even when I have my own moments of misery. 

Being an Angels fans can be a roller coaster ride.  I don't care much for roller coasters - but it goes back to that "Fever Pitch" quote for me.  I'm riding this train and trying to enjoy it as much as I can.  I don't agree or like everything the Angels do - but I try not to lose any sleep over it.  Despite all the angst and negativity some fans have had towards Albert and Scioscia - they're still here.  Seems to me focusing on what they are or aren't doing is a waste of energy.  I mean - we have Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, Andrelton Simmons and others who are a heck of a lot of fun to watch and easy to cheer for.  Fans have a right to be negative.  I have a right to not want to deal with them.

There are all kinds of Angels fans.  More power to them.  I just don't like spending time or energy on those who are negative - unless they're truly constructive and bring a perspective that's not based on emotion and outright hatred.  This site has some very knowledgeable fans.  It also has some very funny ones.  They're the reason I keep coming back.

I actually like roller coasters, but you are correct that we have no control over results.    I'll still vent on here from time to time, but not as much as I used to.   Besides, Billy Eppler has done a great job of retooling this org so far in just 2 1/2 years.  

Aside: having the solid team we have now does make it less frustrating to see Albert Pujols struggle for the most part now.   It's still sad though to see a formerly great player struggle like this.

We need a top of the rotation arm, another lefty in the pen, and one more shut down arm in the pen.  The bats will come alive.  They aren’t the 10 runs a game team they were in the first couple of weeks, but they aren’t the 3 runs a game they have been the last couple of weeks.  

Entering the season, I figured we were probably a year away from true, legitimate contention.  Our hot start made me think maybe we were a year ahead of schedule, but watching us get crushed by the Red Sox and now the Yankees does make me think that it's likely we're probably still a year or two away from true, legitimate World Series contention.  Definitely think we can make it into the playoffs this year as a Wild Card, but not sure if we have the horses to compete with the elite teams just yet.

That said, we are progressing there, and it's cool seeing some legitimate prospects (Canning, Suarez, etc) developing in the minors, as they'll be part of the core that ultimately helps lift us to the promised land.

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I’m thinking something similar but keeping Trout 2nd, and batting either Kole or Cozart lead off and see if it helps them break out of their slump.  

You’re best hitters are batting third. Trout only has 18 RBIs with 10 HRs. Eppler likes Trout batting second only because he’ll get extras AB’s at season end. You have to play the game one game at a time imo. 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

You’re best hitters are batting third. Trout only has 18 RBIs with 10 HRs. Eppler likes Trout batting second only because he’ll get extras AB’s at season end. You have to play the game one game at a time imo. 

I agree that you have to play the game one game at a time, however if none of your hitters are hitting, and they aren’t, then why have Trout come up with two outs in the first?  If he bats 2nd he has a 40% chance to at least be on first with one out.  He also has the ability to steal a base.  When he had Escobar and Kole, both getting on base at .350 clips, it made sense.  Plus the difference between batting in front of Trout and seeing good pitches and batting in front of Simmons and seeing good pitches it probably pretty dramatic.  Lastly, your best hitter hits 2nd or 3rd, it isn’t so cut and dry any more.  

Why sweat this early in the season, getting into the playoffs at least should not be that hard.

The Orioles, Tigers, White Sox, Twins, Royals and Rangers are all out of it already.

Division Winners:  Red Sox/Yankees, Indians, Astros.

One Wild card will the the other Red Sox/Yankees non division winner.

Fighting for the last will card with the A's, Mariners, Rays, Blue Jays.

The Angels seem the least flawed of all those teams.  The most competition will come from in the division, just need to focus on winning there.  Already a good start.