• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Ben Revere

jordan

Young's signing makes a lot of sense now that we've seen the Opening Day roster.

The Angels had concerns about Ohtani and Valbuena having a hard time with lefties (rightfully so) and signed a bat, Young,  who is known for hitting lefties well to give them a PH option late in games. Young would also serve as a "platoon" for Kole if he had a hard time with lefties again.

Several things I'm noticing this year though lead me to think Young's time may be short-lived. Valbuena and Ohtani both got a lot of ABs against lefties this spring, so they're obviously trying to get them comfortable in the box, and Kole has made a very apparent effort as well, and to hit to the other field. 

This team really needs some speed, so I could see Revere wind up on the bench by June.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Young's signing makes a lot of sense now that we've seen the Opening Day roster.

The Angels had concerns about Ohtani and Valbuena having a hard time with lefties (rightfully so) and signed a bat, Young,  who is known for hitting lefties well to give them a PH option late in games. Young would also serve as a "platoon" for Kole if he had a hard time with lefties again.

Several things I'm noticing this year though lead me to think Young's time may be short-lived. Valbuena and Ohtani both got a lot of ABs against lefties this spring, so they're obviously trying to get them comfortable in the box, and Kole has made a very apparent effort as well, and to hit to the other field. 

This team really needs some speed, so I could see Revere wind up on the bench by June.

Great points.  Having more depth is great.  I am not a big fan of Revere's, as I see him as basically a replacement-level player, but there are definitely situations in which he can be used (i.e. pinch runner) that can maximize his abilities.  I just don't want to see him start too many games on the whole for us.

fine to have as a 5-A player at SLC.

we're going to have a need for pinch runners this year with the 1b/DH types on the team and then there's the Ohtani factor which means that these DH/1B types (Pujols/ Valbuena etc.) will be playing the field more this year.

mod-game base hit/ double ? --- pinch runner.