• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Come on down Moustakas!

14 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Simmons will be fine, but even if he isn't, we have the depth to survive this injury for a little while.  Mozart plays a pretty solid shortstop, and Jose Miguel Fernandez could slide over to 3B.  That or they can promote Chris Carter to play 1B and Valbuena to play 3B. 

He's not bad at tickling the ivories either.

14 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Simmons will be fine, but even if he isn't, we have the depth to survive this injury for a little while.  Mozart plays a pretty solid shortstop, and Jose Miguel Fernandez could slide over to 3B.  That or they can promote Chris Carter to play 1B and Valbuena to play 3B. 

Not as good as amadeus simmons, though.

22 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I know, I shouldn't, But, I kind of feel bad for Moose! Not only did he get screwed by the process. But, then he still has to pay Bor@$$....And of course go play for a Royals team that isn't going to do much...

6.5M .....All I can say is WOW!

Royals will have a chance to trade him at the deadline, meanwhile Moose is out from under the qualifying offer.  Bet he works on OBP this year.

3 hours ago, floplag said:

Why?  if they were in line they would have been accepted, i dont think this market was ever anywhere near expectations 

I think he wasn’t getting any offers.  If these were all the deals he was getting he would have read the writing on the wall and signed before spring training. 

58 minutes ago, Revad said:

Royals will have a chance to trade him at the deadline, meanwhile Moose is out from under the qualifying offer.  Bet he works on OBP this year.

Odds of Moose being a Royal on August 1st:  Slim and None....and None just left town...

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think he wasn’t getting any offers.  If these were all the deals he was getting he would have read the writing on the wall and signed before spring training. 

Depends on the timing, and of course what his agent was telling him.  No way to know for sure. 
Noone predicted what was happening this off season, noone.  Everyone was talking about all the top 5-10 guys getting 5+ year deals and such... if this was early in the process im sure Boras would have told him to wait.  
IDK its surely the strangest thing ive seen as a fan 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Depends on the timing, and of course what his agent was telling him.  No way to know for sure. 
Noone predicted what was happening this off season, noone.  Everyone was talking about all the top 5-10 guys getting 5+ year deals and such... if this was early in the process im sure Boras would have told him to wait.  

Well to be fair 4 (Cain, Darvish, JD, Hosmer) of the top 5  have signed and each got 5 plus years.   Only Arrieta is left of that top five.  

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

All good points....and very fair, nobody predicted this market....but Justin Upton's agent seemed to have a good read that things were trending in the wrong direction and they jumped on (basically) a one year extension, which was more back loaded, as opposed to opting out of his deal altogether....Wonder what Upton would have gotten if he had opted out?  Hard to know but I bet it wouldn't have been what he got with the redone deal from the Angels...part of an agent's job is to read the market....Tyler Chatwood's agent did a good job...Upton's guy did....but I'm not sure Boras read it right for Moose....hard to know...maybe too much hindsight...

3 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

I mean seriously.  Why didn’t Bowden tweet this when the Angels signed Cozart?  There is virtually no chance this offer happened after Cozart and Kinsler were acquired.  That tweet was made to make Boras look bad or to add to the story of Moustakas going back to the Royals.  If the Angels leaked the story it would have happened when we signed Cozart.  Moustakas and Boras wouldn’t leak the story because it simply makes them look bad.  Sorry but this is fake news.  

He could have offered it at the same time. Cozart said he was originally agreed to play second base and before he got on the plane to finalize his contract Eppert asked him if he would be willing to play 3b because they got a deal for kinsler, if he didn't want to switch they would turn down the trade. Cozart agreed and the trade went through. 

Maybe eppler offered cozart 2nd base and mouse 3b, then when mouse (boras) said "no" eppler inquired about kinsler and switched Cozart to third. 

35 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Well to be fair 4 (Cain, Darvish, JD, Hosmer) of the top 5  have signed and each got 5 plus years.   Only Arrieta is left of that top five.  

Perhaps the most obvious one :)
The point though is that the predictions were for many more to get similar deal, it hasnt happened. 

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

Perhaps the most obvious one :)
The point though is that the predictions were for many more to get similar deal, it hasnt happened. 

I predicted 4 years $60 million or something like that for Moustakas.  

So, Moose is going to be playing for LESS money than Valbuena?

Now, Valbuena really looks like an overpay. But who knew?

Once these late-spring, panic signings sink in on front offices and players, a four year contract is going to be considered too long, next year. Why sign someone early when you can pick up overstock at Dollar Tree for pennies on the dollar?

More importantly, it means that there are still pitchers out there RIGHT NOW, that may take a short contract. We need to be in on this, with the uncertainty with our staff.

7 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

I mean seriously.  Why didn’t Bowden tweet this when the Angels signed Cozart?  There is virtually no chance this offer happened after Cozart and Kinsler were acquired.  That tweet was made to make Boras look bad or to add to the story of Moustakas going back to the Royals.  If the Angels leaked the story it would have happened when we signed Cozart.  Moustakas and Boras wouldn’t leak the story because it simply makes them look bad.  Sorry but this is fake news.  

Disagree. I spoke with some people in the know and we definitely were in talks with him. I didn't get the exact numbers, but this doesn't seem too far off. It also fits with the whole timeline of: we were close to signing Cozaar for 2B. Detroit offered Kinsler and he was willing to come over. We talked with Cozaar about 3B and he said yes. Moose was holding out for more and we moved on. Moose definitely wanted to come home, but overestimated his market. Think about this: last year I think he made over $9 million, hit 38 diners, and is making almost $3 million less. 

30 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Boras goes to Moustakas and says “hey, we got a 3 year deal for 45 mil. What do you think?”Moustakas says no thanks. How is that boras’ fault?

I think I would ask my agent, “How do you gauge the market? Are we likely to get more if we wait awhile or should we strongly consider this?”