• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Mass Shooting

m0nkey

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

Not my argument but I am sure you know this.  I will go back to my other question, how would deal with people who,won't give up their guns?

Some won’t.  There still will be less guns.  And that’s a net positive to me.  I think that eventually most people will drop their ideological nonsense and get bought out.  People love money. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

K those are different issues.  I probably agree with you on some of them.  Why is the gun one so important ? 

The framers found it to be important.  I trust them more than any of these clowns today.  The government has only gotten bigger, more corrupt and power hungry since.  I do not trust them

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Some won’t.  There still will be less guns.  And that’s a net positive to me.  I think that eventually most people will drop their ideological nonsense and get bought out.  People love money. 

You cleayndont live in a red state.  A,whole,hell of a lot wont.  Blood will be shed, a lot

Edited by mtangelsfan

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

The framers found it to be important.  I trust them more than any of these clowns today.  The government has only gotten bigger, more corrupt and power hungry since.  I do not trust them

But the framers lived in a diffrent time man.  The world has changed.  You and I don’t need a rifle to run off join the militia to defend the country. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Then we agree to disagree. I personally don't like guns and had no interest buying one just to have it. I felt it was an unfortunate necessity in the society we live in. I feel more secure knowing I can defend myself if tragedy struck. The government taking it away from me and millions of other good people to leave them defenseless against criminals...I just don't agree with that.

Fair enough

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I know about Waco.  I think the feds probably dealt with it badly.  But let’s be real, these people put themselves into that situation.  This isn’t a good correlation MT. 

I see it as lock step.  We will have a thousand Wacos if something like this is passed

37 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

How about instead of spending hundreds of billions of dollars on bullshit military increases, we invest some of that money in compelling people to give up their guns and ammunition.  I’m pretty sure we could make plenty of people give up their stupid guns. 

There are solutions to this.  People have to be willing to do it.  Americans want their guns more then safety.  That’s the bottom line. 

The people willing to give up their guns are not the problem.

55 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I see it as lock step.  We will have a thousand Wacos if something like this is passed

I disagree.  We could pour the money into it and plenty of people will give up the guns.  We can make definitely make it worth their while.  Look how excited people get about their nothing 1000$ bonuses.  Or the nothing breaks they’re going to get on their taxes. This is something that can be done.  And look again, I know that some idealogues won’t ever be convinced.  I’m certain that plenty could happily be compelled. 

We can disagree on this point obviously.

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't own a gun but I,am certainly not comfortable with our corrupt government having all the power 

Citizens with guns aren’t going to change that.  The government has all the power regardless. 

And if you consider it.  Nonviolent civil disobedience has been more successful that armed revolts. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And to be clear, im not advocating compulsory cash for guns initiatives.  People should be given the choice.  Turn in your guns and get paid.  Or keep them if you already have them. 

This can be grandfathered.  Eventually it will impact the total numbers. 

No offense UTH but I think there's a little naïveté in your statement. People don't buy guns and then turn around to sell them to the government. People buy them to hunt and to protect themselves and their families. The others who are out to harm people don't mind breaking the law to obtain guns.

Laws affect law abiders much more than they affect law breakers. 

39 minutes ago, LHalo said:

No offense UTH but I think there's a little naïveté in your statement. People don't buy guns and then turn around to sell them to the government. People buy them to hunt and to protect themselves and their families. The others who are out to harm people don't mind breaking the law to obtain guns.

Laws affect law abiders much more than they affect law breakers. 

Well we can disagree.  I’m saying you can give people a strong financial incentive to give up their guns.  Take it or leave it.  Cash for gun drives have been demonstrable successes in California.  If the country had the political will we could make it extremely appealing.  I think plenty of people would sell their guns if they could make a good bit of money for their sacrifice. 

And as I’ve said before.  I disagree with the gang banger criminal correlation.  They have completely different motivations from the people doing these mass shooting massacres. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Are you really worried about getting caught up in a shoot out stand off with the Feds ? Waco style ?

you could probably avoid that pretty easily by not joining some psycho cult. 

Thats not really fair. They just had their beliefs. Which included koresh being god, the end of the world coming, banging pre teen kids (which was with consent from the parents), etc. So they began stockpiling things like grenades and stuff. 

We all have beliefs.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

The founding fathers werent exactly saints. They had their own thirst for power. Not to mention most were slaveowners.

And I think this quote from Thomas Jefferson is relevant for this take. And Im a second ammendment supporter.

20180214_232227.png