• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Mass Shooting

m0nkey

1 minute ago, LHalo said:

BTW all that will do is put more guns on the black market. It would be prohibition all over again. 

I don’t think that would even come close to happening anyway. You would have to amend the Constitution and try to confiscate guns from tens of millions of people. Civil War would break out. 

It obviously isn't a realisitc possibility, both because it would never be politically accepted and because it is impossible to remove a billion guns from the streets. I was talking theoretically. 

28 minutes ago, LHalo said:

BTW all that will do is put more guns on the black market. It would be prohibition all over again. 

I don’t think that would even come close to happening anyway. You would have to amend the Constitution and try to confiscate guns from tens of millions of people. Civil War would break out. 

The black market isn’t the problem.  The gang land idiots aren’t the ones shooting up schools. Gang violence is bad and sometimes innocent bystanders get caught up. But it’s not nearly the same issue we have with legally acquired guns. I don’t understand this idea that if we can’t 100% end gun issues we shouldn’t do anything.  Any reasonable assessment leads to the same conclusion.  It way too fucking easy to get guns.   Particularly guns that can do massive damage. Semi automatic long guns specifically. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

31 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The black market isn’t the problem.  The gang land idiots aren’t the ones shooting up schools. Gang violence is bad and sometimes innocent bystanders get caught up. But it’s not nearly the same issue we have with legally acquired guns. I don’t understand this idea that if we can’t 100% end gun issues we shouldn’t do anything.  Any reasonable assessment leads to the same conclusion.  It way too fucking easy to get guns.   Particularly guns that can do massive damage. Semi automatic long guns specifically. 

In the words of Glen, other than retards, who is saying we should do nothing?

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

In the words of Glen, other than retards, who is saying we should do nothing?

Yea, people talk a lot.  No one does shit.  They won’t this time either.   When I see a national ban on assault rifles I’ll accept that we’ve done something. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

39 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hunting rifles are semi automatic long guns. No chance something that general is banned. 

7 minutes ago, LHalo said:

Hunting rifles are semi automatic long guns. No chance something that general is banned. 

Agreed.  In the current political environment it’s impossible.  But it’s what should happen.  

If we’re serious about stopping this we would ban the sale of assault rifles and we would make the purchase of large amounts of ammunition illegal.  We should go after the ammunition as an immediate starting measure. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

How about instead of spending hundreds of billions of dollars on bullshit military increases, we invest some of that money in compelling people to give up their guns and ammunition.  I’m pretty sure we could make plenty of people give up their stupid guns. 

There are solutions to this.  People have to be willing to do it.  Americans want their guns more then safety.  That’s the bottom line. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, wopphil said:

How many people did the feds kill in Florida today? Or at the Pulse a year ago? Or in Vegas a few months ago? Or in Chicago last year?  Or in Los Angeles this week? 

Wait til they are the only ones with guns.

Edited by mtangelsfan

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

How about instead of spending hundreds of billions of dollars on bullshit military increases, we invest some of that money in compelling people to give up their guns and ammunition.  I’m pretty sure we could make plenty of people give up their stupid guns. 

There are solutions to this.  People have to be willing to do it.  Americans want their guns more then safety.  That’s the bottom line. 

One could argue that you want your safety more than yout freedom 

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

One could argue that you want your safety more than yout freedom 

Sure.  If you think guns are that important to your personal freedom.  I personally don’t correlate freedom with owning a gun.  I realize that’s my perspective. 

I’m happy to surrender the freedom to have an ar-15 if it means we’ll have less of this shit.  I’m pretty sure the parents at this school would agree with me.  2 late for them unfortunately.  How about you ? Are you willing to trade your freedom to an assault rifle or to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition unhindered if it meant some this might stop.  I’m not trying to be a dick.  I really believe it boils down to that. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Sure.  If you think guns are that important to your personal freedom.  I personally don’t correlate freedom with owning a gun.  I realize that’s my perspective. 

I’m happy to surrender the freedom to have an ar-15 if it means we’ll have less of this shit.  I’m pretty sure the parents at this school would agree with me.  2 late for them unfortunately.  How about you ? Are you willing to trade your freedom to an assault rifle or to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition unhindered if it meant some this might stop.  I’m not trying to be a dick.  I really believe it boils down to that. 

To me that is the problem.  We hand over our rights to feel safer.  I think everyone should have to be in their homes by nine pm.  That would count violent crime by 2/3

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Are you really worried about getting caught up in a shoot out stand off with the Feds ? Waco style ?

you could probably avoid that pretty easily by not joining some psycho cult. 

Do you know much about that story?  Those people came and went as they pleased. 

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

To me that is the problem.  We hand over our rights to feel safer.  I think everyone should have to be in their homes by nine pm.  That would count violent crime by 2/3

This such hyperbole.  Why don’t we deal with one issue at a time.  Listen to yourself.  Rolling back gun freedoms is a slippery slope to curfews ? Come on man. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why does this have to be a zero sum game ?Giving up the guns doesn’t mean you have to give up freedom of speech or freedom of anything else.  It means you don’t get to buy a killing machine easily.  It’s not more complicated then that. 

This country is sick with its gun fetish. 

We are already giving up rights in other areas.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

This such hyperbole.  Why don’t we deal with one issue at a time.  Listen to yourself.  Rolling back gun freedoms is a slippery slope to curfews ? Come on man. 

Not my argument but I am sure you know this.  I will go back to my other question, how would deal with people who,won't give up their guns?

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

No but I am worried about being out in public without means to defend myself or my family because of the kind of legislation you'd like to see passed.

There is no solution to this problem. It sucks but it's reality. There are more guns than people in circulation in this country. Psychos will get a hold of them, whether they are banned or not. You might as well have one too.

I just don’t agree with this thought process.  I could easily argue that you expose yourself to more danger having the guns.