• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Yankees can win, why can't we?

For the most part, analysts thought the yankees were going to finish last in a competitive AL East.

Then everyone on their team got injured, their captain is out, their big boy hitters are out (granderson, texeira, arod), mariano is coming off a big injury, petite is old, yet once again they are back on top.

Why can't we do that? We have had some injuries, our pitching is suspect (not that the yankees is amazing either), but we just can't get it done like they do.

I swear, they just have a swag and attitude the gets them wins, coupled with their talent, they are always in the equation, while high priced teams like the angels and dodgers can't even shoulder the expectations like the skanks do.

What does it matter if Mariano is coming off of an injury? He's still lights out.

Their SP has an ERA of about 1.2 runs lower than ours.

Oh, and they have Vernon Wells, who has 1 less HR than Pujols and Hamilton combined.

The only alternative for them is winning.  Losing is unacceptable, and their media and fans will hold them to it.

When our media says anything negative about our team, they are considered hacks.  It's media's fault and not the teams or players.  While the fans continue to try to blow rainbows out of their asses in supports.  

The only alternative for them is winning.  Losing is unacceptable, and their media and fans will hold them to it.

When our media says anything negative about our team, they are considered hacks.  It's media's fault and not the teams or players.  While the fans continue to try to blow rainbows out of their asses in supports.  

Cmon GB, neither of those statements are accurate. The Yankees don't win because the fans and media are hard on them if they don't. And our media isn't considered hacks if they write something negative. Nor does anyone blame the media rather than the team or players. I guess there may be a few fans that try to blow rainbows out of their asses though. 

There is more negative talk now during the 3 game winning streak than there was before it. I am sure if this team was healthy the record would be the opposite 22-14 instead of 14-22.

The Yankees aren't healthy. The Cardinals closer and starting SP wont play an inning this year. Two of Texas starters won't throw a pitch till July.

Sorry, no team is ever fully healthy.

Their are few scenarios where we would be 22-14 and not 14-22. Most of those involve selecting Beltre a not Wells a few years ago, Fielder instead of BooHols, etc.

The Yankees have been fairly lucky. See Wells, Hafner, Cervelli (luck ran out there), and their run differential.  Many people also exaggerated how bad they'd probably be.  Still a lot of talent there.  They are off to a good start, but I doubt it will continue (I like Kuroda, but he will cool off.  Hughes isn't a lock to continue his early performance), even when they get a couple guys back.  

There is more negative talk now during the 3 game winning streak than there was before it. I am sure if this team was healthy the record would be the opposite 22-14 instead of 14-22.

The Angels were healthy all of last year and were never 22-14.

so their starting staff, with an era of 1.2 better than ours, and in a hitters park - why cant we do that? other than sabathia, who on the yankees staff is that great? yet they just get it done.

Kuroda is having a great year - better than CC

Who on our staff is that great?

Kuroda is having a great year - better than CC

Who on our staff is that great?

He wanted to sign with either the Yanks or an LA team last winter too. I was really hoping we would have put the full court press on for him or Iwakuma. Oh well, at least we got Blanton.