• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

9 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Why would the fathers do the Yankees any favors 

I was wondering same, how does this benefit the Pads?   Who buys a pitching prospect of questionable promise for 13M in Headley when they already had that level of production at 3B?     This is all starting to really stink in my opinion.  

3 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

Solarte would be a good target, plays all over the infield with solid production for cheap.  Not sure what it would take to get him though.

He seems ok but hes not exactly young nor does he get on base at an exceptionally high clip. I'd rather pay a little more for Hernandez/Josh Harrison or go short term with someone like Walker or Kendrick.

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

Ozuna would look nice in RF - he can cover CF in a pinch too, which would negate the need for a 4th OF who has to be able to play CF. We'd gain quite a bit of right-handed power, but we'd lose Calhoun, unless he converts into a 1B (not likely) so we'd have to shift around and focus on lefties/switch-hitters for 2B and 3B, and heighten the need for top of the order guys. 

9 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

He seems ok but hes not exactly young nor does he get on base at an exceptionally high clip. I'd rather pay a little more for Hernandez/Josh Harrison or go short term with someone like Walker or Kendrick.

Solarta I think would be a good 3B platoon option.  The money saved of getting him over Mouse could go somewhere else to improve the team.  (Pitching most likely)

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Yankees are becoming really hateable (well, they always were but they've felt a little more tame the past decade) and scary again. This is vintage Evil Empire stuff. Good core, acquiring stars left and right, spending big, strong farm, seemingly getting the upperhand in trades....

Bob NightengaleVerified account @BNightengale 6m6 minutes ago

The New York #Yankees, trying to swing a trade for a starter, have #Tigers Michael Fulmer and #Dbacks Patrick Corbin on their radar in early talks

The evil empire has returned.  It sucks, but in some ways, it's good for baseball.  I look forward to beating them in the playoffs ;)

23 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Ozuna would look nice in RF - he can cover CF in a pinch too, which would negate the need for a 4th OF who has to be able to play CF. We'd gain quite a bit of right-handed power, but we'd lose Calhoun, unless he converts into a 1B (not likely) so we'd have to shift around and focus on lefties/switch-hitters for 2B and 3B, and heighten the need for top of the order guys. 

Ozuna will cost too much in terms of prospect currency.  He's a great talent, but doesn't fit the current roster.  Our OF is already full.  If we must trade a prospect or two, save it for something we truly need (2B).

6 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Sherman was on MLBN 10 minutes ago talking about how he doesn’t think Moustakas ends up here fwiw.

Hes the first one I’ve seen to finally bring up Moustakas’ frame/body type and how he’s aged and will age. 

Headley’s been pretty consistent the last 3 seasons in NY. You trade for him you’d like to think you know exactly what you’re getting.

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Sherman was on MLBN 10 minutes ago talking about how he doesn’t think Moustakas ends up here fwiw.

Hes the first one I’ve seen to finally bring up Moustakas’ frame/body type and how he’s aged and will age. 

Hopefully he's correct. Eppler wants guys who can work the count. Frazier and Headley both can do so.