• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GO FIGURE!

GO FIGURE:

In the Fall of 1989, a devastating 7.1 earthquake centered near Santa Cruz, CA; wreaked havoc in Downtown Oakland. The Nimitz Freeway in Downtown collapsed killing a lot of people. Shortly after that, The Oakland A's won the 1989 World Series.

New Orleans, LA; was once one of the top 25 largest cities in the United States. After Hurricane Katrina washed ashore in New Orleans causing damage, it wasn't even in the top 70 largest cities. Shortly after Katrina, the New Orleans Saints won their first Super Bowl (I rooted for The Saints).

Very recently, Houston TX; the 4th largest city in the United States, was hit by Hurricane Harvey, which was supposedly worse than Katrina was. I doubt that Houston is the 4th largest city now; but, a few days ago, the Houston Astros won their first World Series.

Any comments, questions, or insights here?

41 minutes ago, WBaxterDTM said:

GO FIGURE:

In the Fall of 1989, a devastating 7.1 earthquake centered near Santa Cruz, CA; wreaked havoc in Downtown Oakland. The Nimitz Freeway in Downtown collapsed killing a lot of people. Shortly after that, The Oakland A's won the 1989 World Series.

New Orleans, LA; was once one of the top 25 largest cities in the United States. After Hurricane Katrina washed ashore in New Orleans causing damage, it wasn't even in the top 70 largest cities. Shortly after Katrina, the New Orleans Saints won their first Super Bowl (I rooted for The Saints).

Very recently, Houston TX; the 4th largest city in the United States, was hit by Hurricane Harvey, which was supposedly worse than Katrina was. I doubt that Houston is the 4th largest city now; but, a few days ago, the Houston Astros won their first World Series.

benny hill wtf GIF

15 hours ago, WBaxterDTM said:

GO FIGURE:

Wow.

16 hours ago, WBaxterDTM said:

Do you really think that Houston lost 700k residents after Harvey?

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I guess when it's man made, they only get to the championship game.  

Not to mention when there is a coverup. Throws everything off.

Ive talked to several baseball people and they say there is no way luis gonzales' basehit couldve cleared the infield on that pitch from rivera, its not possible on a cutter.

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not to mention when there is a coverup. Throws everything off.

Ive talked to several baseball people and they say there is no way luis gonzales' basehit couldve cleared the infield on that pitch from rivera, its not possible on a cutter.

I heard they greased the grass so Rivera couldn’t make a decent throw to third 

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

there was a huge earthquake and fire in san francisco in 1906. 

shortly thereafter they won three world series championship in the span of five years, universally being lauded as the best city and best dynasty in the history of sport.

Was wondering about that, but was too lazy to google.

Lou gherig got sick, and...

On 11/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, mrwicked said:

there was a huge earthquake and fire in san francisco in 1906. 

shortly thereafter they won three world series championship in the span of five years, universally being lauded as the best city and best dynasty in the history of sport.

No mention of the SB victories?