• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Girardi Not Returning To Yankees

nando714

14 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's weird that Farrell, Baker and Girardi get the axe after successful seasons yet Scioscia remains.

Maybe teams have different ways of evaluating their managers.

I would love to know what the "Angels Way" is... outside of the obvious - with their heads up their collective asses.

5 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I didn't really watch any Yankees games so I have no idea what his style is. Would he even fit based on the players the Angels have? The yanks definitely had more talent than the Angels I'm just curious as to how he managed his starters/bullpen.

I could be wrong but I think he was good at bullpen management.  I also think the players liked him.  He was good with the media.  Is he the best, no, but he’s certainly a good respected manager.  

48 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Most of the speculation I've heard is that Cashman and Girardi did not get along anymore.

I think it will go to someone within the organization.

interesting. someone on espn this morning was saying that girardi is not "a players manager." 

heard he also may not be someone who embraces sabre stats, either (but this wasn't said with any kind of authority, just typical espn guesswork research).

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's weird that Farrell, Baker and Girardi get the axe after successful seasons yet Scioscia remains.

Maybe teams have different ways of evaluating their managers.

I think that teams obviously have different ways of evaluating their managers.  I don't see that as a problem.  If whoever they hire meets their personal criteria of what's important in the job, and they fulfill those criteria then they are happy and keep them.  Owner/Baseball Operations criteria don't necessarily have to agree with the criteria of the fans.  A baseball team is not run by the fans, it's run by an ownership or ownership group.  Fans are the customers.  It's pretty simple really.

23 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I think that teams obviously have different ways of evaluating their managers.  I don't see that as a problem.  If whoever they hire meets their personal criteria of what's important in the job, and they fulfill those criteria then they are happy and keep them.  Owner/Baseball Operations criteria don't necessarily have to agree with the criteria of the fans.  A baseball team is not run by the fans, it's run by an ownership or ownership group.  Fans are the customers.  It's pretty simple really.

Yeah I just think it's interesting. In this statcast era where everything is quantitative, the hiring and firing of a manager is a very qualitative action.

14 hours ago, Kevinb said:

The Angels greatly overachieved with Mike as manager this year. No one thought we would be as good as we were this year. With missing Trout for a month. Girardi as the manager this year wouldn’t have made a difference. 

I have been down on Scioscia for a while, but last year might have been his finest year of managing. 2002, 2005 and 2009 werent as difficult because we actually had very good teams.

T

On 10/26/2017 at 12:55 PM, Brian Ilten said:

You are correct.  El Catorce LEAVING suddenly makes the Angels a good ball club.

...just sayin'

Yep. Cron won't endure horrendous slumps, our starting left fielder and second basemen will battle it out for MVP and every pitcher will have an era under 3.00 - while remaining healthy for the entire season. 

Oh, and parking, beer and Trout hats will be free. 

Edited by Lou

55 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Girardi wasn't fired, they just didn't renew his contract. Just like after next season the Angels won't fire Mike Scioscia. 

It’s a matter of semantics. When you’re told that you’re not getting an extension after 10 years of solid managing, You’re Fired! It’s the Steinbrenner way.

C3ACA992-FB0D-4BFE-801C-F7310729E6FA.jpeg

28C3C6E0-17B1-460C-9BA0-301B205C1994.jpeg

9D16BAE6-75CD-4278-BF95-C761F59A4B93.jpeg

9CFB1EDE-ABC6-4794-AFCC-BEC93A89D20B.jpeg

The Yankees will have a new manager next season. Yesterday morning the team announced they have parted ways with Joe Girardi, and “parted ways” is the best way to describe it. Girardi’s contract expired after the season, so he wasn’t fired and he didn’t quit. The Yankees are just moving on now that his contract is up. That’s how the Joe Torre era ended

Edited by Lou