• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Vegas Golden Knights thread

Vegas Halo Fan

Just got back from camping.  Can't believe they are 1 game away from the SC finals.  As sports franchises go, was there a better $500 million spent than what Foley is getting?  And if Vegas wins it all, it'll make Napoli's post World Series bender look tame in comparison with all the partying that's going to go on.  They should already call the NHL Awards show, The Welcome to Vegas, thanks for all the hardware, please tip your waitresses on the way out show.

We believe.

Not physical enough to beat the Kings. Not deep enough to beat the Sharks. Not fast enough to beat the Jets. Yet it all happened. The Stanley Cup finals are coming to the Strip.

Winnipeg had not lost two games in a row for the entire playoffs - yet the Knights took four straight from them, the first and last on the road.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

congrats to the golden knights. what they've accomplished so far is ridiculous.

VGK should be concerned about a major taboo in hockey being broken by having Engelland touch and carry the trophy.

It's their first year. I think it's great he did that.

A big F U to the rest of the league who cast them aside. 

A lot of people put down bets to keep the tickets as souvenirs of the first season. I can almost guarantee that no one entertained any thought of actually cashing them in. This is unprecedented. The front office did a brilliant job of identifying players with compatible styles of play, and bringing in a coach who would get the absolute most out of the group.

A local sports writer asked William Karlsson when they first had an idea that they might be pretty good: "When we won a game on an east coast road swing with our fifth goalie."

11 hours ago, Lou said:

It's their first year. I think it's great he did that.

A big F U to the rest of the league who cast them aside. 

It was the ultimate underdog story, even more than a former greenskeeper winning the Masters.  :)

But, it's always considered taboo to even touch the WC title trophy.   I remember Dustin Brown never touching it in either 2012 or 2014.

It's considered as big of a superstition as not shaving their beards until their SC playoff runs are over.  

On to the SCF, against probably the Lightning.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

It was the ultimate underdog story, even more than a former greenskeeper winning the Masters.  :)

But, it's always considered taboo to even touch the WC title trophy.   I remember Dustin Brown never touching it in either 2012 or 2014.

It's considered as big of a superstition as not shaving their beards until their SC playoff runs are over.  

Fluery brought over the tradition from the Pens to touch the trophy. Worked out well enough for the Pens. I kind of figured they'd follow suit. Anything to get that extra little mental boost.

I still can't believe how thoroughly Vegas dismantled the Jets.  Versus Vegas. Laine 2 goals, 2 points.  Wheeler.  3 assists in game 1.  Then 3 assists/points for the next 4 games.  Scheifle 1 goal 1 assist in game one.  Then 2 goals/points the next 4 games, all in one game where they lost 4-2.  

So far the Knights have played 15 games in the postseason.  They have allowed a total of 27 goals.   

Just how many tape to tape no look passes and off the boards passes they made.  It was just ridiculous how well disciplined they were also.  They were really putting on a clinic on how to defend, pass, cycle, and really play as a complete 100% team.  

those are all good points, GB. it's amazing that they've done this without (seemingly) a big stud defenseman and an elite goal scorer. they have a world class goalie and their defense has been solid, but this team was able to score, too. gotta be a blast to be a vegas fan right now.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Holy crapballs.  That was intense.  

that was a fun game to watch. i hope the whole series is like this.

saw someone on NHL network who said this was going to be a low scoring series . . .