• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Vegas Golden Knights thread

Vegas Halo Fan

On 7/19/2018 at 10:40 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Funny, the Army apparently had no issue with the University of Central Florida using the same nickname.

I doubt that anyone showed up at T-Mobile Arena last year and said "Damn it! You mean that this isn't the Army parachute team?"

That would be a funny tshirt.  

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

BTW, getting back to hockey - I hope to make at least a couple of games next season. Amazingly, some of the cheaper games to get tickets for are against division rivals.

i'm hopeful i can talk my wife into a road trip sometime next year to catch a game.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, Tank said:

i'm hopeful i can talk my wife into a road trip sometime next year to catch a game.

If you plan to do it, let me know as far in advance as you can. I plan to catch at least a couple of games next season, and maybe we can meet somewhere.

23 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If you plan to do it, let me know as far in advance as you can. I plan to catch at least a couple of games next season, and maybe we can meet somewhere.

absolutely! that'd be fun.

i'm trusting you'll know all the great spots to get a veggie burger and a kale smoothie.

Literally minutes before an arbitration hearing, the Knights agreed to a one-year $5.25M deal with William Karlsson. The deal was characterized as a "placeholder", giving both sides a season to determine what Karlsson's market value is. It also gives the team time to find out whether last season was a breakout year or an outlier. If he gets off to a hot start, my guess is that they will extend him, much like they did Jonathan Marchessault last season.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Tank said:

a trace amount from an environmental source . . . so basically this could be something found in his eggs or his sandwich or whatever. how does one guard against that?

It was found in his hair, so I wonder if it was that rogaine.  

In any case.  Vegas only got the finals because they were juiced.  /obligatory

On 9/10/2018 at 8:22 AM, gotbeer said:

Golden Knights trade for Canadiens captain Max Pacioretty

And Vegas gets out from under that Tatar contract.  

Almost as amazingly, Montreal took it on.

The city apparently made an impression on Pacioretty when he visited last year with the Canadiens. He said that after the visit, he decided that he was going to sign here when his contract ran out. Then he was traded here, and the team immediately extended him.

20 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Almost as amazingly, Montreal took it on.

The city apparently made an impression on Pacioretty when he visited last year with the Canadiens. He said that after the visit, he decided that he was going to sign here when his contract ran out. The he was traded here, and the team immediately extended him.

We’re Going to Vegas

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 4:22 PM, gotbeer said:

Yeah, pro sports would never make it in this town.

Saw that in this morning's paper. Will probably get one.

Never thought of this until this morning, when local radio guys mentioned it - but with the opening game loss to Philadelphia, the Golden Knights are under .500 for the first time in their history (they started last season 8-1, winning their first four games).