• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Vegas Golden Knights thread

Vegas Halo Fan

The Knights had not given up a first period goal at home in the entire playoffs, before giving up two in less than a minute tonight. I have a feeling that the defense will tighten up on both sides in Game 2 after the coaches have had a chance to look at the game films. These two teams have not seen a lot of one another.

One thing that has helped the Knights against the Capitals: Alex Ovechkin has three shots in three games.

The Knights had a number of defensive busts last night that cost them - although one of the Caps' goals was a total fluke (glanced off another player, hit the inside of the post and went in). The most telling time of the night was when they blew a rare 5-on-3 situation for 1:30. They kept passing the puck trying to get the ideal shot instead of throwing everything on goal, and the opportunity was wasted. Now they have to get at least one game in Washington or this is pretty much over.

That said, it seemed a bit surreal to see "Inaugural Season" and "Stanley Cup Final" on the same ice.

It was hard to watch the third period tonight. That said, we had the improbable juxtaposition of "Inaugural Season" and "Stanley Cup Final" on the same ice. The unthinkable happened. The final chapter will have to wait for now, but what a start for the franchise.

There are those who always believed that this city's interest in sports would always begin and end with futures odds, point spreads and proposition bets. I always believed that there was more here, and that we only needed the first league to make the jump to prove it. The NHL did that. People at work who never discussed sports before talked about the previous night's game. The last meeting I went to at work, at least half the room were wearing some Golden Knights item (mine was a lanyard for my ID card).

Where next year will go, we will see. The team will be hard pressed to match what happened in '17-'18.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tank said:

Vegas fans may be in for a rude awakening depending on how free agency goes.

I don't think losing Luca Sbisa or Clayton Stoner will be much of a shock for the Knights.  Perron and Reaves are just run of the mill third line guys that really outperformed.  Neal would be their biggest loss, but he already said he wants back.  

That said.  They have no money to spend also.  Only $30 million in cap space.  

NHL Rumors: Vegas Golden Knights – Neal, Perron, Sbisa and Reaves

Neal is good.  But I don't think he's $6.5 million a season good.  What the Knights offered in the $5 million range is fair for his production.  Looking at his stats, the biggest issue with him is consistency.  81 points 6 years ago on Pitt.  61 in his final year at Pitt.  But then 58 2 years ago on Nashville.  And the rest under 50 points.  

Perron scored 66 points last season.  But other than that, he's been pretty mediocre.  Probably around a $2-3 million player, but I'm sure he will be looking for north of $5 due to his fluke season.  Please just say no Ducks and Knights at that price.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Reaves re-signed after testing the free agent market. James Neal wanted a five-year deal, and at his age, the FO wasn't willing to sign him for that long. Signing Paul Stasny will help to ease the pain a bit. There is also news that they are in trade talks with Ottawa for Erik Karlsson.

Thanks for your concern, Tank, but we will do just fine in free agency. We have a new arena and training facility, first-class ownership and management, a raucous game day atmosphere (that even visiting players have remarked about), and a location with incredible recreational opportunities and no state or local income tax. Barry Melrose says that this will be "a destination" for NHL free agents. Will some guys leave? Sure, because they are asking for more than the front office is willing to give them (see Neal, James). We will be OK talent-wise.

Not having Neal will make the Golden Knights more respected by other teams.

Calgary is gonna become the most hated team in the Pacific with Neal/Tkachuk/Giordano/Gaudreau & possibly they may sign Maroon (he got suspended vs the Kings cause of intentionally trying to injure someone).

• 2 weeks later...