• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Vegas Golden Knights thread

Vegas Halo Fan

10 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That was a rude awakening that the Kings gave to Vegas this week. 

i'm a little disappointed in your for not choosing the obvious picture to include with your comments.

images.jpeg

The team has been in a bit of a slide for the past week or so. Some attribute it to fatigue (injuries coupled with closely scheduled games), others to a change in team chemistry after a couple of trades near the deadline. The times that I have watched during that time, the team looks tired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When this season began, I expected a typical expansion team performance, maybe 20-25 wins. The home season ended with a Pacific Division title, and a legitimate shot at the second most points in the league.

The first jersey to be retired by the Golden Knights is #58, in honor of the victims of the 1 October shooting.

• 3 weeks later...

I found out this week that Pittsburgh threw in two draft picks to sweeten the deal to make sure that the Knights took Marc-Andre Fleury in the expansion draft.

Once the season ends, the Knights' front office has a lot of decisions to make in regards to personnel. There are quite a few guys in the last year of their deals - probably one reason that they were available to begin with.

13 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I found out this week that Pittsburgh threw in two draft picks to sweeten the deal to make sure that the Knights took Marc-Andre Fleury in the expansion draft.

Once the season ends, the Knights' front office has a lot of decisions to make in regards to personnel. There are quite a few guys in the last year of their deals - probably one reason that they were available to begin with.

that could be a very complicated and interesting process to watch if the golden knights should happen to win the cup.

15 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Not as much as you think.  They signed a lot of people to contracts over the course of the year.  Looking at capfriendly.  The big big big big one is James Neal.  But I think a deal will be made to keep him.  

After that, you have Grabvowski, Perron, Reaves, Sbisa, and Stoner.  3 are former Ducks that I can assure you the Knights would not miss much.  

Really, I think that Neal and Fleury are going to get paid by the Knights this offseason.  

Oddly, looking at the Knights draft selections.  They have no first, third and seventh rounder.  Wow, looking it up, they gave up a ton to get Tartar sauce. 

The big one is probably William Karlsson. He was fourth in the league in goals, and the big question mark is whether this year was an aberration. He has never been a prolific scorer. Nothing in his past pointed to him being capable of a season like this. Maybe it was just being put in the right situation, or maybe he will never approach this level of production again. Who knows.

James Neal would be a nice retention, but he spent much of the season out of the lineup. He has told the team that he prefers to stay.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The big one is probably William Karlsson. He was fourth in the league in goals, and the big question mark is whether this year was an aberration. He has never been a prolific scorer. Nothing in his past pointed to him being capable of a season like this. Maybe it was just being put in the right situation, or maybe he will never approach this level of production again. Who knows.

James Neal would be a nice retention, but he spent much of the season out of the lineup. He has told the team that he prefers to stay.

Karlsson is a RFA.  So they will have at least one year.  But I'm sure he will try and leverage the season he had.  He actually might be a tough one.  He'll say look what I've done and ask the moon.  Vegas will wonder if it was a fluke.  But in the end, I'd say since he's 25, they go for a 3-4 year deal in the $4 range.  It gives Karlsson a bit of security, but isn't so long term that he can prove this season was a fluke and get bigger money in FA'cy.  And at $4, the Knights could have a bargain, but if it was a fluke, it won't be as bad.

It's a nice problem to have, and one that I didn't expect. I figured that the Knights would have an unremarkable year, and all of the last-year guys would be gone. Then this season happened, the collection of castoffs became a cohesive unit, and the expansion city became a place where they might want to stay.