• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Looking for opinions on Sling TV quality/operability for baseball games

5 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

I'm using a free trial of Hulu TV for now because of this.  It's $5 more than Sling Blue+Orange, but has DVR included (if you care about that) and also local stations that Sling didn't have (CBS, etc.) and their own Hulu content.

It's been pretty much the same quality as Sling so far, so If they don't work out the dispute I'll just cancel.

Thanks. I already have the cheap Hulu service (they had a Black Friday deal last year - 99 cents a month) so I'll check them out. 

I have been a Spotify subscriber for several years. $9.99 per month, worth every penny.

Then, suddenly back in March Spotify notified me that I now have Hulu as part of my subscription. No extra charge.

It's the cheap Hulu with commercials but not bad for free... we watched all the episodes of "The Shield" and that was great.

My wife wanted to watch "The Handmaid's Tale"

Good Lord what a sick and twisted tv series it is, but apparently that's Hulu's specialty.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I have been a Spotify subscriber for several years. $9.99 per month, worth every penny.

Then, suddenly back in March Spotify notified me that I now have Hulu as part of my subscription. No extra charge.

It's the cheap Hulu with commercials but not bad for free... we watched all the episodes of "The Shield" and that was great.

My wife wanted to watch "The Handmaid's Tale"

Good Lord what a sick and twisted tv series it is, but apparently that's Hulu's specialty.

The shield was great back in the day! Fake as hell, but great

Vic Mackey for Chief!

14 minutes ago, yamsi12 said:

I got the email about sling losing FSW and dropped them within the hour and signed up for directv now. So far so good. It has more local channels than sling had and the hd seems to be better quality. 

Isn't Directv now really expensive though compared to other services? Maybe I'm wrong about that.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:04 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I went to their website but even the most expensive option didn't have Fox Sports West on the their menu at least. I have been using YouTubeTV, it has FSW, FS1, FS2, ESPN1&2, but no TBS. I use MlbTv for those games. It also has most over the air channels but I also have a good antenna so I don't need them. It has unlimited DVR, and we can have 4 streams at once at lest I haven't tried more. It cost $35/month.

I also have YouTube TV. I love it. 

It has FSW and MLBN.

I set it to record every Angels game so I basically can watch on my laptop while in the press box and can go back and replay whatever I want. I can also hear the Angels announcers even when On the road.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:04 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I went to their website but even the most expensive option didn't have Fox Sports West on the their menu at least. I have been using YouTubeTV, it has FSW, FS1, FS2, ESPN1&2, but no TBS. I use MlbTv for those games. It also has most over the air channels but I also have a good antenna so I don't need them. It has unlimited DVR, and we can have 4 streams at once at lest I haven't tried more. It cost $35/month.

Might want to check your bill..Youtube tv has gone up to 50.00 ...I checked into it recently because of the DVR function that Jeff mentions above, but 50 bucks seems high when the whole point of doing all of this is cutting costs. I treat myself to mlb.tv at Christmas every year so that my baseball jones is satiated and every game is available (with unlimited replay and highlights) every day. 

2 hours ago, yamsi12 said:

I got the email about sling losing FSW and dropped them within the hour and signed up for directv now. So far so good. It has more local channels than sling had and the hd seems to be better quality. 

Except channels 2 and 9 locally in Los Angeles.  Same issue as Dish just a different carrier, I think.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Might want to check your bill..Youtube tv has gone up to 50.00 ...I checked into it recently because of the DVR function that Jeff mentions above, but 50 bucks seems high when the whole point of doing all of this is cutting costs. I treat myself to mlb.tv at Christmas every year so that my baseball jones is satiated and every game is available (with unlimited replay and highlights) every day. 

l know, l wrote that 2 years ago...what about local blackouts?... All Angel games are blacked out where l live.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It has FSW and MLBN.

I set it to record every Angels game so I basically can watch on my laptop while in the press box and can go back and replay whatever I want. I can also hear the Angels announcers even when On the road.

I signed up for YouTube tv the second I got the email from Sling, pretty much 90% of my TV watching is Angel games in the summer.  So far it’s great and a lot more channels, including ESPN.  I don’t know who’s fault it is but they should feel it in their wallet when they let negotiations get to this point.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

With MLB tv, do you get access to any game you want?

Ive been setting up to cut my cable. Trying to do all the research. I think mlb tv is like 150 a year? Thats about the same price as me paying for FSW.

Or does mlb tv only allow a certain amount of games?

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ive been setting up to cut my cable. Trying to do all the research. I think mlb tv is like 150 a year? Thats about the same price as me paying for FSW.

MLB TV gives you all the games except what you’re blacked out from. So, in SoCal, no Angels-Dodgers. I have MLB TV and YouTube TV so I can see every game,  except the Dodgers. 

Youtube TV is $54 a month. MLB TV is I think 120 a year. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

MLB TV gives you all the games except what you’re blacked out from. So, in SoCal, no Angels-Dodgers. I have MLB TV and YouTube TV so I can see every game,  except the Dodgers. 

Youtube TV is $54 a month. MLB TV is I think 120 a year. 

Gotcha, thanks for the break down. 

Now back to square one. Im leaning towards Hulu, anyone know if FSW is included in it?

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I live near the Canadian border..I'd be blacked out from Mariners games if I didnt use a VPN.

Seriously folks..if you are relying on internet for TV and don't know how to use a VPN you are completely missing the point and missing out. I chuckle when people complain about local blackouts.

Google VPN and read up on it..they're very simple to set up and use. Many are free and the best ones charge around $5 a month...basically they use remote servers that make it look like you are somewhere else..  

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It has FSW and MLBN.

+1 for YTTV, had it for about 1.5 years now, it is excellent.