• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tom Petty on Life Support

Um, ok.

Petty used to sit in on the edit of music videos at The Post Group when I was an assistant editor. Seemed like a nice guy, quiet, cordial. 

One of the editors, Peter Cohn, received an MTV award for editing Dont Come Around and laughed it required one Effects move, a push in and a couple of dissolves. The easiest music video he had done at the time.

Edited by Blarg

fuck.  i got called tom petty for years because i looked sorta like him in hs/college.  one time in hs my buddy and i were outside tower waiting to buy tickets, he was joking about how i looked like him, and out of nowhere these two dudes walk by and one randomly says to the other "fact:  tom petty is the ugliest man in the world."  

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed/async/dialog/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ftompetty%2Fvideos%2F10154969294560905%2F

Absolutely haunting video from Friday. The tour is over, and he thanks everyone for the support, "IT'S TIME FOR A NAP!!!"

*Looks like my link isn't working, but if you go on the TP and the Heartbreakers FB page, it is on the Sept 29th post.

Slight swerve off the topic but I loved the Sound City Documentary about the studio where Tom Petty recorded Damn the Torpedoes and other albums.  

He was a major contributor to the soundtrack of my early teens and specifically my first romance.  I'll always have a place for Damn the Torpedoes.

2 hours ago, LHalo said:

Fuck Marylin Manson.

This Tom Petty news is horrible.

manson's early stuff (spooky kids, portrait of an american family, smells like children) was fantastic. and antichrist superstar is f*cking awesome, one of my all time fav albums. mechanical animals is really good too.

i stopped following them after golden age of grotesque.

I got to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with the Black Crowes in 2005.  Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were one of the best live performances I've ever seen.  Crazy because I was talking to someone who just saw his final show last week.  Seeing conflicting reports while some say he had no brain activity when he arrived at the hospital.  I hope he's still alive if he'll have some quality of life and if not the world lost a great entertainer.  

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

I'm reading some conflicting reports of whether his is actually dead or not.

Yep. Local news here is reporting that he has not yet died but since he has a DNR, he's been taken off life support. No confirmation from anyone official that he has passed.