• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Swept back to .500 reality check

Ohtaniland

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

agreed.  Now that they've "finally figured our how to neutralize Trout"  Trout is basically Danny Espinosa with the bat.  Maybe shittier.

You actually agree?  You think that after 6 years of him being the best player in the game, they have simply figured him out?  As far as being shittier I will assume you are joking, because if Espinosa got on base as much as "bad Trout" gets on base he would still be here.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

You actually agree?  You think that after 6 years of him being the best player in the game, they have simply figured him out?  As far as being shittier I will assume you are joking, because if Espinosa got on base as much as "bad Trout" gets on base he would still be here.

i was just trying to think of who was the shittiest angel recently.  and then say trout was that.  cuz obviously he's terrible.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:16 PM, Calzone said:

No Strad, it's just been a frustrating season and I'm hoping that Eppler can see clearly and empty the diaper bin.

Frustrating? Why? Was this a team that was supposed to be a top tier team? 

And don't think for a minute that management is blind to this, or that fans have more invested than those running the franchise.

I'd say it was only frustrating because of the injuries to Richards/Heaney/Skaggs/Shoemaker/Tropeano/Ramirez,etc. If those guys don't get injured for most of the year we may be cruising to the wild card spot. 

Going into the year, this was not a team expected to be anything better than .500. That's what we got. Overall nothing frustrating about that, just is what it is.

21 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

While I agree that changes are needed....I have to give credit to the manager and the GM.  This team should not be playing meaningful ball in September and yet we have been.  When you lose Richards on day 1, Shoe has been out, as pointed out Skaggs, Heaney and the aforementioned Richards has been trying to figure it out, when you lose Trout for a month, have no real production from your LF and 2Bman, have a bullpen put together on wing and a prayer, and yet here we are (or were) still competing 2-1/2 games out of the wild card race.  

Who would have thought back in March and April we would be playing meaningful ball in September.  

A lot of that success falls at the feet of both Eppler and Scioscia.

They get credit for staying a 500 ball club without a starting rotation. That they're in contention is a function of how shitty the AL is.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You do realize there is such thing as the wild card, right?  Do you somehow dismiss their championship in 2002 because they finished behind the A's?  You probably do.  

Lol we were 99-63 in 2002

Did you know that Oakland destroyed us in every offensive category this season?

Everything!

Runs, Hits, 2B's, 3B's, HR's, TB's, RBI's, Ave, OBP, SLG and OPS.

3 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Everything!

Cool.  So then I guess we won more games than we should have.  

2 hours ago, Calzone said:

Everything!

We ranked 1st in the AL in hits, BA, and fewest strikeouts by our hitters.

A's may have ranked higher in some other categories.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/2002.shtml

39 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

We ranked 1st in the AL in hits, BA, and fewest strikeouts by our hitters.

A's may have ranked higher in some other categories.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/2002.shtml

I'm actually referring to this season. The A's have a far superior offense than we do. It's hard to believe with their payroll vs ours.

6 minutes ago, Calzone said:

I'm actually referring to this season. The A's have a far superior offense than we do. It's hard to believe with their payroll vs ours.

Fair enough.

But their pitchers have given up a lot more runs than ours, which explains their record.

They also have a better farm system that produces sluggers like Matt Olson, who is making history with each home run. He costs major-league minimum. We have a lousy farm system. We did produce Trout though, but of course he suddenly can't hit anything.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Can I ask what the A's have to do with anything? 

The answer is nothing, except his ultimate goal of making the Angels look bad.  He apparently thinks they need help in that department.  He is still trying to get back to his narratives and agendas.  Did you know that Upton played for five teams, I didn't until he posted it for some reason.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The answer is nothing, except his ultimate goal of making the Angels look bad.  He apparently thinks they need help in that department.  He is still trying to get back to his narratives and agendas.  Did you know that Upton played for five teams, I didn't until he posted it for some reason.  

The Angels are doing a pretty good job at doing that themselves. They don't need my help.