• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Outdoors Thread

gotbeer

So I learned this while I was up north at a camp.  I guess there is some BLM rules.  Not sure exactly how it goes.  But one way, and I think one of the easier ways to lease the land, is through agriculture.  And instead of tending to the land, they buy a few cows and alpacas and lamas to form a ranch.   They just let the animals run free on the land, and do with it what they want.

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So I learned this while I was up north at a camp.  I guess there is some BLM rules.  Not sure exactly how it goes.  But one way, and I think one of the easier ways to lease the land, is through agriculture.  And instead of tending to the land, they buy a few cows and alpacas and lamas to form a ranch.   They just let the animals run free on the land, and do with it what they want.

Narrator: and Tank sheepishly chuckled to himself when he realized GB was referring to the Bureau of Land Management...

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

This one is weird.  At first I thought it made sense.  But then as things start coming out, it sounds off.  

I've never experienced the algae before.  So actually this is a pretty good education for me.  Looks like you can't boil, filter, or iodine it.

Only thing I can think is she had a lot of water with her.  On my big hikes, I typically carry 3 liters.  And in most cases, I only go through 1 or 2 liters.  So if on the hike she went through 1 liter.  In theory, she could probably survive on the 2 liters if she stayed still.  

Still doesn't explain why she didn't try to get out.  She says she was injured, but no injuries.  Then again, head injuries are weird.  She could have hit her head hard a week ago, and not show as much signs later on.  I've gotten a concussion with no blood.  And felt like shit for 3 days.  Then things got better after that.  So I guess it's possible?

16 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Fair enough. Seems to me like were going to find out this was a hoax.  And again, her eyes are a huge tell. 

Could be that this turns out to be a hoax.  The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it's a miscommunication issue.  She might have been dropped off, thinking she didn't need to say when she was going to be picked back up again.  Where the service assumed she knew to be back in the evening.  And when she didn't show up, they called her missing, where she planned on camping all week.  Or she might have told person A she would be camping all week, but it was never relayed to everyone else.  Remember we haven't heard from her, only secondhand through her daughter.  

Had a somewhat similar situation on the River where I go.  Prospector went up on Friday.  Said he would be back on Sunday.  This was after the heavy rains, so the river was moving quick.  He decided to stay till Monday.  So his GF started to panic when he didn't show up Sunday, so search and rescue was out on Monday looking for him.  He was in his hole digging for gold when they found him perfectly fine later on Monday.  But man, the sheriff's went full out, and treated it like a missing person.  So they were going through all the tents along the river, with guns drawn. One of the guys in camp was up there, and had to help them cross the river since it was moving so quick and they didn't know what to do.

Hiked Cerbat mountain loop in Kingman AZ this morning. About 8 miles. 

Saw more cattle roaming free. One of them was in the path, but fortunately he moved when we got close. 

Really nice rock formations. It was still kind of dark when we left. 

You could see the cattle paths. Some really prickly cactus along the way. 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:06 AM, calscuf said:

Clearly and alien abduction. Follows the timeline and outcome of several other accounts. 

Gone for two weeks, head injury, is found a half mile from the parking lot.

Greys are at it again.

@calscuf  Man this is getting weirder.  My buddy told me a rumor that she has gone radio silent with her family now.

In any case, found this article.  All I can say is WTF.

The family of the rescued Zion National Park hiker spoke out after a sheriff's sergeant questioned her survival story — but it's still confusing

• Her sister, Jamie Courtier-Strong, told "CBS This Morning" and NBC's "Today" show on Thursday that her sister had been fasting for two days before she went into the park and intended to keep that fast during the hike.

Who in their right fucking mind fasts 2 days before going on a hike, and fasts during a hike?  Oh, and in before Cals says because she's a woman.  

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

That hike outside of Kingman looks like the perfect weather except for the wind. I like walking or hiking in cooler weather, a lot easier to get warmer than trying to bring enough water and sunscreen for hot weather. 

Last hike up Cucamonga, I was surprised.  I take my usual 3 liters of water, and on a very cool day, almost went through it.  I think I drank more than the first time I did that peak in the summer time.  Although with the family stuff, I've been implanted in a chair for the last 2 months, so maybe out of shape has something to do with it.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

That hike outside of Kingman looks like the perfect weather except for the wind. I like walking or hiking in cooler weather, a lot easier to get warmer than trying to bring enough water and sunscreen for hot weather. 

I do like to hike when it's overcast.

But the wind is not good.

Busting out some new gear.  Gopro Hero 9 with a max lens mod.  Not fond of some of the features that it's missing.  In the max mode, I can't switch from timewarp mode to regular mode with a touch of a button.  I literally have to stop filming, then start a new session.  Then stop that session and go back and start filming back in timewarp mode.  But the auto leveling is really nice.  I could take a tumble down the side of the cliff, and it'll stay perfectly level.  And the timewarp itself is pretty smooth.  This is strapped to my backpack, and the trail is very uneven.  

My niece and her husband decided it was time to get back into shape. He is still recovering from a nasty tumble on a quad runner that broke his wrist, elbow, three ribs, collarbone and cracked a vertebrae in his neck.

So they go on a very easy hike and less than a 1/4 mile in she lands the wrong on a downhill, ankle gets caught and he catches her as she fell backward both ending up on the ground. Of all people to be right behind them was an EMT. He took one look and called in a rescue team. 

Monday she had surgery to put plates and screws in. She probably won't take her next step for six months.

Please hike with a partner. 

37 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My niece and her husband decided it was time to get back into shape. He is still recovering from a nasty tumble on a quad runner that broke his wrist, elbow, three ribs, collarbone and cracked a vertebrae in his neck.

So they go on a very easy hike and less than a 1/4 mile in she lands the wrong on a downhill, ankle gets caught and he catches her as she fell backward both ending up on the ground. Of all people to be right behind them was an EMT. He took one look and called in a rescue team. 

Monday she had surgery to put plates and screws in. She probably won't take her next step for six months.

Please hike with a partner. 

I hike solo.  But have a sat messenger with me in case.  

I think people don't realize that hiking is very different from just a walk around the block.  There is so much that you can get hurt on.  It's like having that rug you always trip on, every 10 feet for 8 miles.