• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sick Lineups

14 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Personally, I'd put Simmons in the lead-off spot.

Simmons
Trout
Upton
Pujols
Calhoun
Cron/Valbuena
Escobar
Maldonado
Cowart/Pennington

Simmons from 2014-2017 has exactly 44 AB's from the lead off spot, and has struggled in that spot this year.  This year, he has actually done quite well in the five spot.

Calhoun

Trout

Upton

Pujols

Simmons

Valbuena

Maldanado

Cowart

If Escobar comes back healthy

Escobar

Calhoun

Trout

Upton

Pujols

Simmons

Maldanado

Cowart

There were a lot of games earlier this season where they would only have 2 or 3 guys in the lineup with an OPS of .700. Now, that Valbuena and Calhoun finally started hitting, they can easily field a lineup every game with 7 guys. We know Albert's going to be in there every day, but if he's out, you can get 8.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Valbuena needs to platoon with Escobar when he's back at 3B. You cannot take Cron out of the lineup and Valbuena has been really good of late. 

I wouldn't bet money on it, but going by an 18 year track record of watching this guy make out lineups, I think Cron ends up being the one in the platoon and not Escobar. I hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I wouldn't bet money on it, but going by an 18 year track record of watching this guy make out lineups, I think Cron ends up being the one in the platoon and not Escobar. I hope I'm wrong.

Escobar is a liability defensively and honestly he hasn't been that great with the bat this season to warrant playing time over Cron. 

C.J. has been a beast since the mid-way point. Valbuena has been good as well. 

1 minute ago, gurn67 said:

You're right ... although, I think Sosh might play matchups more now that the games have a significant meaning. 

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You're right ... although, I think Sosh might play matchups more now that the games have a significant meaning. 

I hope you're right. When he took Nolasco out the other night when he was only one out away from a win, I almost fainted. Never seen him do that to a starting pitcher.

Probable lineup vs. LHP:

Capture.PNG

Probable lineup vs. RHP:

Capture.PNG

Note that these are not the ideal lineups. Sadly if Pujols wasn't present we would likely insert Jefry Marte in vs. LHP and one of Cowart, Pennington, or even Escobar in vs. RHP.

One thing about Pujols however is his ability to hit in very tight, high leverage situations. He has done better in those situations and over his illustrious career he has been a definitive leader on the field in playoff series so that could prove to have value if the Angels make it into the Division Series and beyond.

The Angels lineup on both sides of the plate got deeper today. Particularly against LHP which we will need against a team such as the Dodgers that is lefty-heavy in their rotation. Our 1-9 now is playoff-worthy and could propel us over the coming weeks.

Eppler should get Baseball Executive of the Year to be honest. The work he has done in preparing for this season and laying the groundwork to take advantage of opportunities as they arise has been outstanding.