• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Takeout "slides" at homeplate

angelduck

Blarg, it's hilarious how wrong you are. The point of my opinion is that I don't want star catchers like Yadier Molina and.Posey to have their careers potentially ruined. Lack of objectivity? Ummmm yes that's why it's my OPINION. Guess you missed the part where I said it's my own oinion. Orr maybe you just had your head burried in the sand

As for all you other people coming back with the " It's part of the game" bullsjit. Yeah, no shit Sherlock. My argument is that it SHOULDN'T be part of the game. Hence why I made the thread

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blarg, it's hilarious how wrong you are. The point of my opinion is that I don't want star catchers like Yadier Molina and.Posey to have their careers potentially ruined. Lack of objectivity? Ummmm yes that's why it's my OPINION. Guess you missed the part where I said it's my own oinion. Orr maybe you just had your head burried in the sand

As for all you other people coming back with the " It's part of the game" bullsjit. Yeah, no shit Sherlock. My argument is that it SHOULDN'T be part of the game. Hence why I made the thread

AD,

its your approach man. People think it should be apart of the game, you and a few others think it shouldnt...its ok if there is a difference of opinion. The catcher should not simply concede the run scoring and the runner should give themselves up. If the catcher is blocking the path of the runner then he is free game. Bruce Bochy didnt want Posey to get smashed again so he instructed him to not block the plate again, its as simple as that.

What is your suggestion on plays at the plate? the catcher should step aside and not block the plate or the runner should stop in his tracks and give himself up?

Wallerr, when there is a clear lane to the plate why does the runner feel the need to run the defenseless catcher over at full speed? When the catcher is blocking the whole plate and the ball has either arrived or is close to arriving THEN the runner should be able to plow him over IMO

Wallerr, when there is a clear lane to the plate why does the runner feel the need to run the defenseless catcher over at full speed? When the catcher is blocking the whole plate and the ball has either arrived or is close to arriving THEN the runner should be able to plow him over IMO

ok. so you are saying there is a place in baseball for catcher/runner collisions. I think the majority of the board agrees with you dude..there is no place for blatant collisions when there is a clear path to the plate. re-reading some of your posts, i think when delivering your argument you are coming across as saying all collisions have no place in the game

ok. so you are saying there is a place in baseball for catcher/runner collisions. I think the majority of the board agrees with you dude..there is no place for blatant collisions when there is a clear path to the plate. re-reading some of your posts, i think when delivering your argument you are coming across as saying all collisions have no place in the game

also..how many times are there collisions when the base runner has an open path to the plate?

If you watch the Darin Erstad collisiin it's a chep play. He clearly had half the plate to slide for and would've been safe, but he chose to be a dick

anything within the last 5 years? using erstad's play and pete rose's collision dont really justify a rule change in today's game

NCAA RULES

Collision Rule

SECTION 7. The rules committee is concerned about unnecessary and violent 

collisions with the catcher at home plate, and with infielders at all bases. The 

intent of this rule is to encourage base runners and defensive players to avoid such 

collisions whenever possible.

When there is a collision between a runner and a fielder who clearly is in 

possession of the ball, the umpire shall judge:

If the defensive player blocks the base (plate) or base line with clear possession of 

the ball, the runner may make contact, slide into or make contact with a fielder as 

long as the runner is making a legitimate attempt to reach the base (plate). Contact above the waist that was initiated by the base runner shall not be judged as an 

attempt to reach the base or plate.

(1) The runner must make an actual attempt to reach the base (plate).

PENALTY—If the runner attempts to dislodge the ball or initiates an 

avoidable collision, the runner shall be declared out, even if the 

fielder loses possession of the ball. The ball is dead and all other 

base runners shall return to the last base touched at the time 

of the interference.

(2) The runner may not attempt to dislodge the ball from the fielder. Contact 

above the waist shall be judged by the umpire as an attempt by the runner 

to dislodge the ball.

PENALTY—If the contact is flagrant or malicious before the runner touches 

the plate, the runner shall be declared out and also ejected from 

the contest. The ball is immediately dead and all other base 

runners shall return to the last base touched at the time of the 

interference.

(3) The runner must attempt to avoid a collision if he can reach the base 

without colliding.

PENALTY—If the contact is flagrant or malicious after the runner touches 

the base (plate), the runner is safe, but is ejected from the 

contest. The ball is immediately dead and all other base 

runners shall return to the last base touched at the time of the 

interference. If this occurs at any base other than home, the 

offending team may replace the runner. 

If the contact occurs after a preceding runner touches home 

plate, the preceding runner is safe. The ball is immediately dead 

and all other base runners shall return to the last base touched 

at the time of the contact.

(4) If the runner’s path to the base is blocked and (1), (2) and (3) are fulfilled, 

it is considered unavoidable contact.

(See Rule 2-54, Obstruction.)