• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"It didn't start well last year and I stayed around all season and it got better,"

bashing dipoto and scioscia is totally warrented for the sake of criticism, even arte...as a decision maker.

however, the whole "angry arte" thing is so thin. he's just conjuring that out of nothing and expecting it to stick.

for me, it's like a litmus test for the stupid. anybody that thinks arte is just some angry tyrant is unabashedly stupid, no sugar coating that.

That was actually a decent read although it could have been better if not for Simers petulance and narcissism.  The 'Angry Arte' moniker is petty and detracts from what was pretty interesting. 

The one thing of note that I found very telling about the situation that MS is in is that he made a point to mention the bullpen as a weak point and that all other winning teams have had good pens. 

I can't disagree with him on this and even though the starting pitching isn't very talented, it has certainly kept them in games and given them a chance to win as of late.  With the exception being the players filling in for Weave. 

It's my biggest disappointment with dipoto and he's setting MS up for failure to some degree as MS tends to save the back end of his pen for games they are winning and uses the front end in close games where the halos are tied or down by a small amount.  The last two years in particular we have seen a lack of talent turn close games into automatic losses.  It has been my mantra about improving this team from day one. 

Isn't it weird how many of the same problems return year after year, despite, as Scioscia points out, lots of new players on the roster? 

what's weird is that is that it worked before yet doesn't work now.  Yes, there were similar 'problems' ie the style of play and management hasn't changed yet it resulted in winning seasons in the past.

It's a shame that JD and MS can't seem to get on the same page.  JD builds the team that may benefit from a certain style of management.  One that his manager is likely to embrace and the manager seems to make very little adjustment to the players he has been given and manages in a way that doesn't maximize their potential. 

That said, the players aren't performing as they are capable and neither the manager or gm is capable of pulling Hamilton's head out of his butt. 

what's weird is that is that it worked before yet doesn't work now.  Yes, there were similar 'problems' ie the style of play and management hasn't changed yet it resulted in winning seasons in the past.

It's a shame that JD and MS can't seem to get on the same page.  JD builds the team that may benefit from a certain style of management.  One that his manager is likely to embrace and the manager seems to make very little adjustment to the players he has been given and manages in a way that doesn't maximize their potential. 

That said, the players aren't performing as they are capable and neither the manager or gm is capable of pulling Hamilton's head out of his butt. 

Over Scioscia's tenure with the exception of 2002 and a few other seasons, his teams come completely unraveled when Oakland or Texas (or both) field competitive teams, especially when those other teams are predicted to be good.

Some of his best years have happened when there was zero pressure from division rivals.  When you pair this up with the many playoff embarrassments since 2002, it begins to look like Scioscia -- and his teams -- do not prepare, or play well, under pressure.