• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"It didn't start well last year and I stayed around all season and it got better,"

Simers goes into the locker rooms and consistently interviews his subjects, even when ridiculing them.  He provides analysis, even when local fans might dislike it.  Because he is always around his subjects, we find out stuff we might normally find out.

Ever hear anything interesting out of a Scioscia postgame presser?  Ever?

Simers gets interesting sh*t out of even Sosh.

I am not a Scioscia fan (bunts, runnyball, etc) but I absolutely feel for him having to explain things 162 different times.  It'd be exhausting.  So he has a bag of phrases he uses to get through:

Turn the page

Tip your cap

The ball was/wasn't coming out of his hand well

Consistent

Realistically, Dipoto could only do so much to salvage a decent bullpen by picking up free agents.  Good teams save cash and maintain flexibility by developing cheap, cost-controlled bullpen arms that have electric stuff and can miss bats.  We have developed who in our current bullpen that has shown any success... Jepsen?  And even he has sucked most of his time in the bigs.  Downs - FA, Burnett - FA, Frieri - Trade, Madson - FA, Jerome - Reclamation Project.  Kohn has some upside but is coming off TJ surgery.  Richards has a 5.00+ ERA.  The rest of the guys are just shit we're throwing against a wall to see if anything sticks.  

If you look at the teams with the best bullpens and highest BP WAR so far, you'll obviously notice they aren't spending big money on their bullpen - Giants, Twins, Rockies, A's, Rangers, Indians, etc.  To blame Dipoto for not constructing a good bullpen is kind of stupid.  When your farm can't develop one lights-out BP arm there's only so much you can do to salvage things.  

The problem with this team is pointed out in the article when it discusses the farm system. The Angels roster is loaded with a lot of has been ball players (who can't excecute) and there is no one for Scioscia or any manager to develop. If Scioscia goes then so the other coaches should go too. So many posters here are going to be very disappointed when the next manager is having the same issues.

I am not a Scioscia fan (bunts, runnyball, etc) but I absolutely feel for him having to explain things 162 different times.  It'd be exhausting.  So he has a bag of phrases he uses to get through:

Turn the page

Tip your cap

The ball was/wasn't coming out of his hand well

Consistent

fly in the ointment

we're gonna grind

get to where we need to be

Simers is a professional troll... which is fascinating somehwat slightly interesting.

I don't click on these links.

yeah, i don't either. i stopped enjoying his writing years ago. couldn't care less about what he has to say. his job is to agitate, period.

Once a season Simers decides to be a journalist and comes up with a real article. He is asking Scioscia questions Mike can answer without going to bromides. He could do this more often but I think he gets bored quickly with actually writing real articles and prefers being a satirist.

Whats funny is that people will bashing Simmers for being too rude, then will then later on say the So Cal Media is not critical enough.

For those that hate Simmers and hate the Angry Arte moniker, you probably only read his articles when someone posts them from here.  He is always like that.  He will call out everyone and everything.  Heck, if he cared about hockey, he would probably find something bad to say about the two teams right now.  

bashing dipoto and scioscia is totally warrented for the sake of criticism, even arte...as a decision maker.

however, the whole "angry arte" thing is so thin. he's just conjuring that out of nothing and expecting it to stick.

for me, it's like a litmus test for the stupid. anybody that thinks arte is just some angry tyrant is unabashedly stupid, no sugar coating that.

You sir, hit the nail on the head.

Walden has never found consistency yet, and may never do so until junking the jump step delivery.

It was a decent trade and not one to critique too much, although not really improving the team a whole lot unless Hanson finds 3-4 mph that is currently missing on his fastball.

Signing Blantana to his contract, that was the truly bad move amongst the starting pitcher acquisitions.

I don't want the Dodgers coaching staff. They are just as bad as the Angels.

This! We've had our fill of ex-Dodgers. Time to move in another direction. Mike managed some of the best seasons in Angels history, for that he deserves recognition. However, it is time now for a change in leadership, voice, and direction for the future.