• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scribner Optioned

nando714

26 minutes ago, eligrba said:

29 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

As someone pointed out to me in another thread, Nolasco has dominated the Mariners.  We need him this weekend. 

Nolasco will pitch against someone with an 11+ ERA on Friday. Heaney makes a rehab start Friday also. Hopefully that means Heaney can take Nolasco spot the following start.

So back to Scribner....

What is everyone's thoughts after seeing him pitch a few times now?

Fastball 88-90 mph, but he commands it well. Seems to jump on the hitters, so perhaps it looks like a low 90's 93 MPH heater to opposing batters. Seems to have a great curveball and average-solid changeup. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

So back to Scribner....

What is everyone's thoughts after seeing him pitch a few times now?

Fastball 88-90 mph, but he commands it well. Seems to jump on the hitters, so perhaps it looks like a low 90's 93 MPH heater to opposing batters. Seems to have a great curveball and average-solid changeup. 

He had the O's batters off balance.

Definately worth further chances, as he has multiple offerings, which works better in a starting role.

Agreed. I would rather have a guy like Scribner who keeps the opposition off-balanced than have a guy throwing mid to high 90's heat that's all over the place. 

I think he can profile well as a back end starter. Give you some good starts. I'm not sure why he was pulled yesterday after having thrown just 67 pitches through 5 innings.