• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Troy Scribner is here

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Quite a discussion for a guy who probably won't be more than a #5....or am I missing something?

The only thing you're missing is that Scribner wasn't supposed to be a major leaguer to begin with. So to even be a #5 would extraordinary. Plus the whole idea that he's exceeded expectations his whole life suggests that he'll probably exceed that whole #5 moniker. 

I mean the scout in me says no way, not gonna happen. But he has a history...

10 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

The only thing you're missing is that Scribner wasn't supposed to be a major leaguer to begin with. So to even be a #5 would extraordinary. Plus the whole idea that he's exceeded expectations his whole life suggests that he'll probably exceed that whole #5 moniker. 

I mean the scout in me says no way, not gonna happen. But he has a history...

I don't follow that logic.  So if I said he was going to be a number 2 starter he would exceed that moniker because, well he has exceeded everything else?  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don't follow that logic.  So if I said he was going to be a number 2 starter he would exceed that moniker because, well he has exceeded everything else?  

I don't think you're properly assessing the logic. The logic is that it seems that he exceeds honest assessment. Saying he'd be a number 2 wouldn't be honest. That's like saying that if I say he can't be Shaquille O'Neal, he'll suddenly turn into everybody's favorite IcyHot pitch man.

48 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I don't think you're properly assessing the logic. The logic is that it seems that he exceeds honest assessment. Saying he'd be a number 2 wouldn't be honest. That's like saying that if I say he can't be Shaquille O'Neal, he'll suddenly turn into everybody's favorite IcyHot pitch man.

This ^

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

OK, fair enough--it is a feel-good story, like that Dennis Quaid film. And if he now projects to be a #5, we can hope he out-performs that and is a #4. Throw him the bag with the rest of the #4-5s. 

At this point, he's healthy and he has a pulse....we'll keep him....

On 7/28/2017 at 6:25 PM, vladdy#27 said:

Why not just give him the start? His last start was on the 22nd so he's on more than normal rest. So now Petit is pitching in a role he hasn't all year and so will Scribner. 

It makes a lot more sense for Scribner to go through his normal start day routine and hopefully give us 5 or 6 inning's. Rather than Petit going 3 or 4 and then bringing in Scribner. 

That. 

Would be too easy!