• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alex Meyer Placed on DL

Second or third DL stint this year? I know he was out the minimum for something back related too, but it seems like there was one more instance where he was out or day to day with something minor as well, maybe to start the year?

As tantalizing as his potential is, if this shoulder stuff keeps up he may need to go to the pen in the future just to stay intact.

7 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

.....and if they simply need a warm body Troy Scribner has been pretty good in Salt Lake. 

You know, all he does is put up good numbers, wherever he's been....I guess his stuff doesn't translate against big league hitters but the guy has been successful....I don't pretend to be a scout but his IP/H/K rate has been pretty good for two years at SLC, which is a tough league for pitchers.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=644428#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Second or third DL stint this year? I know he was out the minimum for something back related too, but it seems like there was one more instance where he was out or day to day with something minor as well, maybe to start the year?

As tantalizing as his potential is, if this shoulder stuff keeps up he may need to go to the pen in the future just to stay intact.

Shoulder stuff? He's only been on the 10-day DL once this tear for back spasms and came back as soon as he was eligible to do so. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Shoulder stuff? He's only been on the 10-day DL once this tear for back spasms and came back as soon as he was eligible to do so. 

Once for back, now for shoulder, and it seems like he was day to day or held back earlier in the year for one very minor thing. 

He was plagued by shoulder issues before they acquired him too.

If it keeps occurring, a pen transition may ease the burden.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

You know, all he does is put up good numbers, wherever he's been....I guess his stuff doesn't translate against big league hitters but the guy has been successful....I don't pretend to be a scout but his IP/H/K rate has been pretty good for two years at SLC, which is a tough league for pitchers.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=644428#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

"His stuff doesnt translate well in rhe majors"

Didnt they say the same thing about Shoemaker?

9 minutes ago, stormngt said:

"His stuff doesnt translate well in rhe majors"

Didnt they say the same thing about Shoemaker?

They did....and I thought of Shoemaker as a comp for Scribner too....but what do I know?  Actually, sometimes they don't know either, see Shoemaker, Matt....