• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Scioscia remains at top of his game this season

55 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Advance metric system on bullpen usage?  Are you serious?

His bullpen management is fucking terrible and so are his lineup cards and pinch hitting match ups.  In other words, he is very bad at managing the most important parts of the game.

No, I was totally kidding -- you got me.  

People would be much better off ignoring actual data and how a manager compares to other managers in favor of the sort of opinions commonly seen on message board.  

I'm sure you watch all 30 teams and are intimately aware of how MS uses his pitchers compared to other managers. 

Forgive my insolence.

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

His bullpen management is fucking terrible and so are his lineup cards and pinch hitting match ups.  In other words, he is very bad at managing the most important parts of the game.

Respectfully with my own two eyes I have seen Scioscia, on multiple occasions this season, utilize Blake Parker specifically in high leverage situations where the other team was close to scoring. It was very deliberate and specific to bring Blake in because Mike knew that Parker could shut the opponent's offense down.

That is great bullpen management.

2 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

'Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while'  Zero postseason wins since 2009.

ANAHEIMBOB just admitted that Scioscia is doing a good job.   will someone look outside to see if it's raining frogs?  

I'm cold and afraid right now.  

very cold and afraid.  

It sounds like you basically said he is great st bullpen management when he has a good bullpen. What all goes into advanced bullpen usage? I've never heard of it. He's made some pretty damn questionable bullpen decisions this year. He's finally gotten out of roles for each individual player so that's nice. Alvarez pitching when we are down a run or two is always catastrophic and after that happening 30+ times it looks like he's finally learning his lesson. It might help if he finally had a lefty in his bullpen. How long has it been since we had a good lefty?

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, I was totally kidding -- you got me.  

People would be much better off ignoring actual data and how a manager compares to other managers in favor of the sort of opinions commonly seen on message board.  

I'm sure you watch all 30 teams and are intimately aware of how MS uses his pitchers compared to other managers. 

Forgive my insolence.

Just don't let it happen again, pencilneck. 

On 6/23/2017 at 9:55 AM, Angel Oracle said:

He definitely should at least finish out his contract, based on the jobs he did in 2015 and so far this season.   Make the WC game, and does he then deserve an extra year in 2019 to make it an even 20 seasons here?   Only 4 managers all time have managed at least 20 seasons with one team:  Mack, McGraw, Alston, and Cox; and all 4 are in the HOF.   Granted the first three have won multiple WS titles.

i've been saying it here for a while now. scioscia is going to get an extension. bank on it.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:10 PM, JarsOfClay said:

Except it isn't. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/baseballs-savviest-and-crappiest-bullpen-managers/amp/

If someone had told me in spring training that 79 games into the season the Angels would have the following happen:

The greatest player in the world missing 32 games.

Cron .212 with 2 HR

Valbuena .193 5 HR

Espinosa .171 6 HR

Calhoun .248

Pujols .239

Richards 1 start

Skaggs 5 starts

Street 1 game

Bailey 3 games

Bedrosian 10 games

I would figure 13 games behind Houston would make sense.

What doesn't make sense is if someone told me they'd be 3 games back of having the 2nd best record in the American League. What a bizarre season so far.