• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heimlich or Romero?

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Heimlich's felony conviction stems from an incident prosecuted by Pierce County beginning in March 2012. The young victim had reported Heimlich's abuse to her mother, and the father later contacted authorities, according to a probable cause document filed by prosecutors.

The girl told investigators that inside Heimlich's bedroom, he pulled down her underwear and "touched her on both the inside and outside of the spot she uses to go to the bathroom," according to court records.

"She said that she told him to stop, but he wouldn't," the documents state, and that "it hurt" when he touched her.

Prosecutors initially charged Heimlich with two counts of molestation for incidents between September 2009 and September 2010, and between September 2011 to December 2011. In Washington, child molestation in the first degree is a Class A felony.

"She said that the first time the respondent touched her she was four years old and that she was six years old the last time he did this," according to court records.

I get that we all make mistakes, and this kid screwed up as a teenager, before he really knew what he was doing. At the same time, fondling small children is a pretty big freakin' mistake. That kid has or had some pretty serious demons in his life that he needs or needed to battle. I'm all for second chances, but anyone that has a child knows the pain and anger you feel just thinking about something like that happening.

Not to mention, in the clubhouse, this guy would be a pariah. Professional athletes, have to be able to connect in the clubhouse, that's how a cohesive unit is built. Because of what he's done, this isn't a man they're going to be fine with going out for drinks or introducing the family to.

It would take some kind of drastic, God-centered action for this man to even come close to playing major league ball.

11 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I would definitely like it if we took Bukauskas in the first round, then took a flier on Romero in the second, if he falls that far.

I would love to draft him just for the potential nickname.