• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you caught Albert's 600th home run ball....

Every time Albert comes up to bat they're now using numbered baseballs. It will be interesting to see how, when and where that 600th home run ball will end up. Who will be at the right place at the right time. That baseball becomes an instant commodity to someone somewhere.

I don't think I'd be like some people who refuse to give it up unless the Angels pay for their school or house. Like others said, it's a baseball and it holds a lot more meaning for Pujols, who is a great human being. I'd simply ask to be the one that gives it to him, get a few photos and some autographs. 

On 6/1/2017 at 2:10 PM, Homebrewer said:

I'd trade it to Albert for an autographed bat and an autographed game worn jersey...from Mike Trout.

Pretty much this.

Or my other option would have been, "You'll get this ball back when you get Scioscia fired."

Pujols became the ninth member of the 600-home-run club, joining Barry Bonds (762), Hank Aaron (755), Babe Ruth (714), Alex Rodriguez (696), Willie Mays (660), Ken Griffey Jr. (630), Jim Thome (612) and Sammy Sosa (609). At 37 years and 138 days old, he is the fourth-youngest member of the club, trailing only A-Rod, Ruth and Aaron.

Pujols was the first player to hit Nos. 499 and 500 on the same night, and now he's the first player to reach 600 with a grand slam.

"I'm just glad to be on that list, man," Pujols said, laughing, after the Angels' 7-2 win over the Minnesota Twins. "Whether it was a solo homer, a grand slam, I'm just glad that it happened tonight. It's a pretty special feeling. You look at the other players that come through the league and play so long, to be able to be No. 9 in that list is a pretty special number."