• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler and the Clean Peanut

He has definitively been the master of the low-cost, low-risk potential high upside move. Given the payroll constraints he has been operating under, he has done a remarkable job of retooling the roster. After we lose the Hamilton contract we may see more substantial moves, but I have been impressed already.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I apologize if the phrase is mainstream and I am a dope for not knowing it, but I don't know what a clean peanut is.

I can guess but I would rather just ask.

We can't tell you that - you have to figure out these things on your own. Angelswin has dozens of memes and in-jokes, and only a handful of people know the origin of any given one, but the rest of the gang just figures it out over time. I've tried to get @Glen and/or @Adam to write an Angelswin Meme Glossary, but they're both too fat and lazy.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Fishing around in a mess of shells trying to get lucky and find a clean peanut somebody missed?

= scouring the scrap heap for a player that if just dusted off might produce?

See, look what you've done when left to your own devices: you've defined "clean peanut" better than anyone else could have.

Eppler's track record gives me quite a bit of hope for the guys like Parker Bridwell and Damien Magnifico as well, and any future trade returns and wire claims.

FA hitters still seem to be a little weak for him, but injuries have really played a big part in that. 

It'll be interesting to see what type of more expensive FA Eppler targets when he finally goes down that route.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

We can't tell you that - you have to figure out these things on your own. Angelswin has dozens of memes and in-jokes, and only a handful of people know the origin of any given one, but the rest of the gang just figures it out over time. I've tried to get @Glen and/or @Adam to write an Angelswin Meme Glossary, but they're both too fat and lazy.

I was gonna bag on Cory in tomorrow's LWIAB but I think I'm moving the crosshair a bit now.