• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Scoscia be let go ??

22 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

Is it his fault this teams starting rotation's 1-4 is on the DL?  

Is it his fault this teams top three bullpen arms are on the DL?

And VC, that is exactly why it wont get fixed in an entire off-season! We need to drop some coin into FA 2 starters (1 top 1middle) and A+ closer and maybe a loogie and a top set-up guy. To be a true contender! Not including finding a 3Bman and a consistent everyday LF'er.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, ghoetke said:

If you're have trouble sleeping, watching an Angels game is the instant cure,The most damning indictment is there is no life on this team and there hasn't been for several years.  I don't know who would be the best replacement??

Since this has never been discussed here before, I have no opinion to offer.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:14 AM, ghoetke said:

If you're have trouble sleeping, watching an Angels game is the instant cure,The most damning indictment is there is no life on this team and there hasn't been for several years.  I don't know who would be the best replacement??

A goodie....this topic again.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, yk9001 said:

The injury excuse is getting old.

We know it ISN'T working this way.  Maybe just maybe there is a manager out there who can figure something out.

Another manager can prevent the injuries?  He'll we are only two games under 500 and its mid May.

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 0:14 PM, ghoetke said:

Say what you want, but Scioscia teams play hard.  Might be time for a change after 2018 if the Angels stagnate, but the guy is doing the job.

8 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Personally, I don't believe Maddon is all that as a manager. His biggest quality is keeping the game fun for the players. Scioscia is a better in game manager imo. 

I think both are pretty similar tbh and the only real difference and why people gravitate more towards Maddon is because he's more open/fun in interviews with the media compared to Sosh

3 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

I think both are pretty similar tbh and the only real difference and why people gravitate more towards Maddon is because he's more open/fun in interviews with the media compared to Sosh

Pretty much...   Maddon has a personality, Scioscia is rumored to have one but it's rarely on display.

BTW...  Really looking forward to people finally getting their wishes..   Recent Angels history speaks volumes regarding the wisdom of the fanbase.  

Angel fans hated Bill Stoneman, many were very happy to see him step aside...  Enter Reagins and Dipoto.   People hated GA; he lacked hustle, he didn't dive, he was overrated..   LF's been a joke since he left save for one good year out of Rivera.  They wanted the team to compete with the Yanks and Red Sox for premium FAs...   We signed Albert, Nibs, and then Hamilton..   They couldn't wait to get rid of the "mental midget" Ervin Santana....  he's pitched 750 innings of 116 ERA+ baseball since leaving.  They wanted the future batting champion gone...   2B has been a near black hole for three years now.

But I'm sure this time it will be different..

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Who the hell wanted GA and Howie gone? 

I said people hated GA, and mentioned the common criticisms... not that they wanted him gone, but whatever..    You're not really going to argue that both of those guys weren't typically ground zero for Angel fan hate are you?   "Future batting champion" and "slider low and outside" had the same level of disdain that "the Fat man" and "turn the page" do.

Everyone but Trout gets shit on here. 

I think the people "hating" on GA and Howie were a loud vocal minority (lol get it, cuz they're black). I remember one guy would shit on Howie every at bat. Can't recall who that was.

Most of the "GA is lazy" stuff I remember as being mostly satirical. It was basically a meme.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Everyone but Trout gets shit on here. 

I think the people "hating" on GA and Howie were a loud vocal minority (lol get it, cuz they're black). I remember one guy would shit on Howie every at bat. Can't recall who that was.

Most of the "GA is lazy" stuff I remember as being mostly satirical. It was basically a meme.

You're thinking of Marsala.... something like that -- anytime Howie got a hit or did anything right he would refer to the pitcher as the worst pitcher in MLB.     I think you're probably right and that some of the GA hate grew to be more satirical over the years but he was the target of real and constant criticism, particularly from the Disar/Estad fan club types.  Angel fans love their red asses.