• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buyers or sellers?

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

We are barely in the month of May and our expectations have already been reduced to maybe getting hot enough to possibly catch a wild card spot. Well I guess you see my point. 

And you're missing mine.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Lou they need to rebuild. That's what I'm trying to convey. 

Then there is a disconnect from what you said Claude. You want to flush perfectly reasonable players down the waiver system when we can hold on to them and trade them closer to the deadline. I know you look at them as trash to be thrown away but I guarantee you that there will be teams that need an OF like Maybin, whether in a full-time or utility role, at the deadline and we can likely get a low to mid level prospect back for him in return based on his current output. If Cameron picks it up between now and then we could possibly get more using Eppler's excellent scouting skills. Once they are gone then you can call up all the Cowart's your heart desires to give them their shot.

The only reason to try Cowart out now would be to get some production & on-base pct. out of the 2B position in an effort to win more ballgames NOW.

Arte will always have a mindset to compete while continuing to rebuild, as Eppler has done wonderfully since he's been here. A mix of vets and young guys from our farm.

You cannot have a true firesale unless you have productive players that have a lot of value to other teams at the deadline. Right now it's early May and your one and only productive player is Trout. He's NOT going nowhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, Stradling said:

It really depends on what you can acquire.  With this roster and their performance who are you going to move that will make you more competitive going forward, JC Ramirez?  Shoemaker?  Nolacso?  Chavez?  Will you get anything that really helps a single bit in the next few years?  Either way nothing should be considered until late June early July.  

Well?

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

We have nothing to sell ... so you BUY

Bud Norris could be valuable to a team like the Nats, Maybin could fetch a pretty good return as well.

I honestly would trade Simmons if it could give us 3-4 good prospects in return.  His value has never been higher and I think the angels are at least 5 years away from contending again, and trading Simmons could help lower that number.

10 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Bud Norris could be valuable to a team like the Nats, Maybin could fetch a pretty good return as well.

I honestly would trade Simmons if it could give us 3-4 good prospects in return.  His value has never been higher and I think the angels are at least 5 years away from contending again, and trading Simmons could help lower that number.

Keeping Simmons lowers it a lot more.