• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels have acquired RHP Damien Magnifico

So other than the plus velocity (95+ mph) he tosses his slider at 2800 rpm (which I suspect is pretty high for a slider). It will be interesting to see how this pans out but he seems like middle relief help with a touch of upside.

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention he carries a high GB%

1 hour ago, Jay said:

2800 rpm? I'm calling bullshit.

Not that much higher than some of the slider RPM's listed in this article: http://www.pinstripealley.com/2016/5/9/11636572/mlb-statcast-spin-rate-arrieta-kershaw-strasburg-degrom-keuchel-gerrit-cole

Tyson Ross throws his slider at 2425 RPM.

It's not out of the realm of possibility imo so I'm going with FanGraphs being right.

37 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Is he a starter? 

Not anymore which actually makes his RPM a touch more impressive since he should be throwing harder as a reliever (release to plate time shorter).