• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels need to consider a change at 2B

Danny Espinosa is utter garbage at the plate. 

How about a trade with the Diamondbacks for either of their 2B? 

Brandon Drury or Ketel Marte? 

Drury is their starting 2B currently and slashing .318/.370./435 with the big league club, while Marte is killing it in AAA at 2B, slashing 402/.435/.500. 

Espinosa is costing us games on the offensive side of things by striking out at an alarming rate. 

In the offseason I have a strong feeling the Angels will either grab Moustakas on the free agent market or trade for someone like Jake Lamb. In the latter case, Arizona has a tight operating budget and he's entering his 2nd year of arbitration and they will probably lean towards keeping their arbitration eligible pitchers like Robbie Ray. Drury is a 3B originally and I'd love to see the Angels try to trade for Lamb (which I think is within the realm of possibility with the way our farm system is starting to improve not to mention we could trade a starter as well).

If the Angels did that they could pursue a SP in the free agent market and possible an OF like J.D. Martinez for instance. There are a myriad of options this coming offseason (and trade deadline for that matter).

During ST I remember posting something about Espinosa being the prime candidate for whipping boy around here after the season started. He looked terrible facing pitchers that weren't even going to make their respective teams. He hasn't let me down.

I'm not ready to give up on Cowart yet - I really think he deserves more of a chance than he's been given. Plus, there's Dustin Ackley.

Now we could say it has only been a month and Espinosa deserves more of a chance. I see it this way: put some pressure on him by giving Cowart and/or Ackley some starts, see how Espinosa responds. In fact, rotate the three of them for a couple weeks, give someone a chance to win the job. Healthy competition is a good thing.

I'm fine with Danny at this point. We've only got 4 guys hitting above .250 so who cares!... Are we going to fire everyone including Pool Nose and his .246?....Escobar and his .239? Marte and his .170? Revere .209? Maybin and his .211? Even Kole is hitting .257 ....

We've got Mike "Fricking" Trout and Simmons!!!! And no one else is hitting anywhere close to their career Norms.

Like we said earlier Danny isn't great with the Bat "He's got warts like all the rest of our hitters" but he provides solid defense and can run if and when he gets on base. He hit some line drives at people in Game 1 vs the M's.  

I'm not completely cloaked in the Fact that Pennington isn't the answer with the GLOVE either and Cowart may or may not be able to do it either.

If we are going to stick with Maybin and Cron and all the REST we might as well stick with Danny as well. He's still 3rd on the team in RBI's with 13.

With this train of thought Valbuena has about 2-3 weeks left till it's time for us to DFA him as well......

And we are 1 game above .500 2.5 games ahead of the M's and in second place 4.5 games behind the Astros with 2 guys hitting above 270.....

Jesus H Christ! I need a fucking Tylenol. 

8 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I'm fine with Danny at this point. We've only got 4 guys hitting above .250 so who cares!... Are we going to fire everyone including Pool Nose and his .246?....Escobar and his .239? Marte and his .170? Revere .209? Maybin and his .211? Even Kole is hitting .257 ....

We've got Mike "Fricking" Trout and Simmons!!!! And no one else is hitting anywhere close to their career Norms.

Like we said earlier Danny isn't great with the Bat "He's got warts like all the rest of our hitters" but he provides solid defense and can run if and when he gets on base. He hit some line drives at people in Game 1 vs the M's.  

I'm not completely cloaked in the Fact that Pennington isn't the answer with the GLOVE either and Cowart may or may not be able to do it either.

If we are going to stick with Maybin and Cron and all the REST we might as well stick with Danny as well. He's still 3rd on the team in RBI's with 13.

With this train of thought Valbuena has about 2-3 weeks left till it's time for us to DFA him as well......

And we are 1 game above .500 2.5 games ahead of the M's and in second place 4.5 games behind the Astros with 2 guys hitting above 270.....

Jesus H Christ! I need a fucking Tylenol. 

If you are going to do something bad for your liver like taking Tylenol, consider a good tequila or single malt scotch. Same damage, but you'll feel much better.