• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why does it seem like many Angels fans dislike Escobar?

27 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

No response necessary ... it's a dead end street around here. There's fans around here that actually believe that Marte is a better fit at third base. 

It's doubtful the FO believes Escobar has one skill set. :)

That didn't answer my question at all. 

What skill sets do YOU think he has? 

37 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

They should hire you in a advisory position. Throwing seven million at a player who isn't a DH and has one skill is ridiculous. 

I don't agree.  I think that he's worth the money based on being a lead off hitter.  If it were up to me I would have him as a DH, corner infield guy that leads off.  We just have enough options at DH.

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Did we truly need to keep Escobar?   Marte can't be any worse defensively, with his power is a better bet to have a better OPS, and costs some $6.5 million less in 2017.

Calhoun, Simmons, Trout, Pujols, Cron, Marte (3B), Maybin, Espinosa, Maldonado/Perez

You don't think the the Angels GM, scouts, manager, coaches, and saber guys asked themselves that same question before they spent SEVEN MILLION dollars? 

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Did we truly need to keep Escobar?   Marte can't be any worse defensively, with his power is a better bet to have a better OPS, and costs some $6.5 million less in 2017.

Calhoun, Simmons, Trout, Pujols, Cron, Marte (3B), Maybin, Espinosa, Maldonado/Perez

Yes, we really needed a starting 3rd baseman and a guy that can come in should he go down with an injury (like last season) that is a tick above Cowart with the bat. The depth is what will give the Angels a better chance to make it through the season maintaining a full and viable roster. 

Trade or not extend Escobar and you don't have a leadoff hitter and you don't have a MLB viable replacement if he goes down for any length of time. So you shot yourself in the foot once losing the leadoff role then twice in the other not having a backup plan.

He is a polarizing character but this season it makes sense to keep him.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yes, we really needed a starting 3rd baseman and a guy that can come in should he go down with an injury (like last season) that is a tick above Cowart with the bat. The depth is what will give the Angels a better chance to make it through the season maintaining a full and viable roster. 

Trade or not extend Escobar and you don't have a leadoff hitter and you don't have a MLB viable replacement if he goes down for any length of time. So you shot yourself in the foot once losing the leadoff role then twice in the other not having a backup plan.

He is a polarizing character but this season it makes sense to keep him.

I don't disagree with any of this really. 

17 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Yah I think it's pretty important that everyone should think the same way about everything and that there should be no such thing as differentiation in beliefs or thoughts. What an amazing place that would be. And if there's anyone that thinks different they should immediately be labeled as dumb, even though they have every right to feel the way they do about something as anyone else. There should be like a list with an order of how to live your life and what to believe so nobody strays away from perfection, and then everything in the world would be right. I hope someday the social justice warriors win, they sound like the best people to invite to parties.

yah, i think it's important that everyone should have their own opinions on another's civil rights. cool story, bro. 

if you think that you deserve more civil rights than another citizen, then yes you are dumb and i have no problem stating that on the mountain high.

i'm not gay, i don't like to watch gay people get hot and heavy, but i'm intelligent enough to know that their life is not my business. for those like you that feel they have a right to intercede in the personal affairs of others, my response to that is, what are you doing right now, i have a right to know.

23 minutes ago, ukyah said:

yah, i think it's important that everyone should have their own opinions on another's civil rights. cool story, bro. 

if you think that you deserve more civil rights than another citizen, then yes you are dumb and i have no problem stating that on the mountain high.

i'm not gay, i don't like to watch gay people get hot and heavy, but i'm intelligent enough to know that their life is not my business. for those like you that feel they have a right to intercede in the personal affairs of others, my response to that is, what are you doing right now, i have a right to know.

Jesus christ I won't even mention the relationships I have with gays but I don't care either it's just annoying being lectured constantly by people like you like you're some social justice hero. I don't get it I never tell people how they should think or that their dumb for how they think and for some reason you do. 

Just now, CaliAngel said:

Jesus christ I won't even mention the relationships I have with gays but I don't care either it's just annoying being lectured constantly by people like you.

Says the guy that recently said, "all this thread needs is a homophobic slur from Stradling", when you were literally talking out of your ass.  Then when I called you out on it, you disappeared. 

13 minutes ago, disarcina said:

geez - i thought this was a baseball forum/ thread and we were talking about Escobar and how he does or does not fit into the Halos line up/ plans.

oh well.

Hey I'm completely with you on this I don't understand why it even needs to be brought up I'm just so sick of the political bullcrap that constantly infects light conversation, it's like a cancer that I feel needs to be battled it has no place on a baseball forum. 

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I guess it's just a touchy subject for reasons I brought up at the time.  

I'm no stranger to it either strad, I just don't think treating it as "touchy" has ever helped anyone, so I don't. 

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

I believe Marte plus the asset that Escobar might return would be an improvement over Escobar.  Also, if the front office thinks he's anything above poor in baserunning, defense or power then they are wrong.  I think the team sees his one skill set being worth over looking his shortcomings.  Happens all the time. 

we saw the return Escobar would net us at last year's trade deadline. 

37 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Jesus christ I won't even mention the relationships I have with gays but I don't care either it's just annoying being lectured constantly by people like you like you're some social justice hero. I don't get it I never tell people how they should think or that their dumb for how they think and for some reason you do. 

huh? can you please show us ukyah's statement where he states how people should live their life? if it's in this thread, I definitely missed it. all I read was his opinion on a comment made by Escobar. 

i also read your opinion on a comment made by ukyah, so if you care to be consistent, you might want to go shopping for some social warrior fatigues 

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

this is a cop out on your part, and you should be embarrassed for your lack of courage. you specifically said that you should be allowed to have whatever opinion you like about someone else's civil rights. you clearly stated that "people like me" are trying to stop people like you from thinking what you like, as if your very own stated opinion wasn't the total eclipse of civil freedom.

on the note of baseball, the OP asked why angel fans haven't taken a liking to him, and i gave my opinion on why I don't care much for him. i didn't even blast escobar that hard because i know a lot of what he said wasn't necessarily grounded in hatred, but rather cultural language bias. you're the one that came and stepped on my head and then couldn't stand the confrontation.