• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Or forget to don't wash their hands on purpose after taking a shit.

Fixed.

Seeing some of these folks, I think it's "don't wash their hands ever after taking a shit" is more appropriate.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Compared to our competitors? Absolutely yes. Also just because Panera doesn’t have to pay $20 an hour, they basically will have to if they actually want to hire anyone. 

I think the value proposition of working at In N Out for $22 vs any other fast food chain at $20 will be up for debate. Especially compared to whatever it is now ($15 vs $20?). Lot more factors at play now, and hard to know if In N Out will continue to be able to hire the best candidates like they do now.

27 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think the value proposition of working at In N Out for $22 vs any other fast food chain at $20 will be up for debate. Especially compared to whatever it is now ($15 vs $20?). Lot more factors at play now, and hard to know if In N Out will continue to be able to hire the best candidates like they do now.

We will be more than fine. We won’t change how many people we have working while others absolutely will. Our average location has 90 associates. That isn’t going to go down. Expect longer wait times at other places do to a focus on cutting labor. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We will be more than fine. We won’t change how many people we have working while others absolutely will. Our average location has 90 associates. That isn’t going to go down. Expect longer wait times at other places do to a focus on cutting labor. 

It's definitely possible, but longer wait times means slower throughput, slower collection of the money... You are expecting INO to approach this new law smarter than the others, which is maybe not unreasonable. I've worked places where we scheduled around the raw dollar cost of labor, so I imagine that's a default approach in many places.

If anything I think we see some slower franchise locations close up.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's definitely possible, but longer wait times means slower throughput, slower collection of the money... You are expecting INO to approach this new law smarter than the others, which is maybe not unreasonable. I've worked places where we scheduled around the raw dollar cost of labor, so I imagine that's a default approach in many places.

If anything I think we see some slower franchise locations close up.

All that is true but their prices are already more than ours.  Now they’ll have to give $5-7 dollar raises. We will have another modest increase of about 25-30 cents a meal. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

All that is true but their prices are already more than ours.  Now they’ll have to give $5-7 dollar raises. We will have another modest increase of about 25-30 cents a meal. 

This is why I think we'll see a lot of these slower places go out of business. You just can't cover that increase without volume.

55 minutes ago, Tank said:

tried it once and it was a mess. won't try it again.

That doesn't even look like something interesting to try.  Someone cleaned out the bottom drawers of the refrigerator and made a sandwich. 

I was stoned once and made something similar. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is why I think we'll see a lot of these slower places go out of business. You just can't cover that increase without volume.

While their CEOs and presidents continue to give themselves raises.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The one big benefit that In N Out has that hasn't been mentioned.  Is that while you start at $22.  There is legitimate opportunity to advance in that company, if you have the drive and work ethic.  Heck, Stradling is a prime example of that.  That they don't let someone leap over you, as an example say a manager of McDonalds coming to In N Out and becoming a manager, or a college grad.  Instead, it's from the bottom up.  And that they continue to expand means promotion opportunities.

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

They'e closing 150 stores across the country. What does that have to do with Newsom? Did he invent online shopping?

San Fransisco is a shell of what it used to be. Most of which is a result of bad policy. Stores looking for a reason to bail from there 

Edited by Jason

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

50 years ago?

Well, 40 years ago. We almost bought our first house in Westchester because we liked L.A. and we worked in L.A. but in the end we decided to live in H.B. That's when I became an Angels fan.

So yeah I guess it was a while ago. At least we got to live in L.A. when it was nice.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

San Fransisco is a shell of what it used to be. Most of which is a result of bad policy. Stores looking for a reason to bail from there 

Have you been there recently?

People say the same about Portland. My brother lives in downtown and says it's nothing like Ian Miles Douche and Fox News are claiming.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

People say the same about Portland. My brother lives in downtown and says it's nothing like Ian Miles Douche and Fox News are claiming.

Your brother is probably just as full of shit as you are. I went to Portland on a business trip last month and it’s not even recognizable compared to what it was 5 years ago. Lots of closed shops and homeless everywhere. Stop pretending everything is hunky dory just because your team fucks everything up. 

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Your brother is probably just as full of shit as you are. I went to Portland on a business trip last month and it’s not even recognizable compared to what it was 5 years ago. Lots of closed shops and homeless everywhere. Stop pretending everything is hunky dory just because your team fucks everything up. 

Yeah, I'm going to believe you and Chuck's friend who lives in Eugene over my brother.

We'll likely be visiting soon and I can give you my assessment.

43 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It’s been about 6 or 7 years and I have no desire to go back. I’ve seen enough video of drugged out homeless around there to realize it isn’t safe or worth it.