• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Lol, no one saw this coming...

Calif. fast-food chains slash workers as $20-an-hour minimum wage looms

https://nypost.com/2024/03/25/business/california-chains-slash-workers-as-20-an-hour-minimum-wage-looms/

Next step is going to be drive through only.  That would cut another 1/3 of the staff.  And get rid of a lot of overhead.  

Romanian mob tied to Southern California card skimming scheme

Members of the group would install card skimming devices at checkout stands, ATMs and gas pumps across the area to steal EBT card information meant to provide help to low-income Californians.

The suspects would then use the illegally obtained cash to fund their lavish lifestyles, including the purchase of luxury cars, according to the D.A.’s Office.

One man in Cypress who was arrested by Orange County investigators was found to have $30,000 in cash and 60 cloned EBT cards with stolen card numbers and PINs.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/romanian-organized-crime-ring-busted-for-stealing-from-californias-welfare-programs-through-card-skimming-scheme/

On 2/28/2024 at 2:58 PM, Lhalo said:

LMFAO. Now we’re going to be able to buy baked bread at every fast food joint in CA so places can avoid these ridiculous wages. 

Just as predicted. Congrats California. Now you're making black people even more fat and poor than they already were.

McDonald's to start selling Krispy Kreme donuts, with national rollout by 2026

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcdonalds-krispy-kreme-menu-free-donuts/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Just as predicted. Congrats California. Now you're making black people even more fat and poor than they already were.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mcdonalds-krispy-kreme-menu-free-donuts/?ftag=CNM-00-10aac3a

phased rollout that will bring the baked goods to its restaurants nationwide by the end of 2026.

The rollout, which will begin in the second half of 2024, comes after the companies tested the partnership at 160 McDonald's locations in Kentucky and Indiana last year. 

24 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

McDonald's will begin selling Krispy Kreme donuts at its fast food locations this year as part of a phased rollout that will bring the baked goods to its restaurants nationwide by the end of 2026.

Get around the minimum wage, and increase sales to their main fat Adam demographic.  

And here's the gem:

“It’s important to acknowledge that farmers are growing what people want and are willing to pay for. And the reason we’re using so much of the Colorado River water to feed cows is because of our demand for beef and dairy products,” he said. “And our demand for dairy, and specifically cheese, has been going up, which is causing expansion of dairies in a lot of the West and in the Colorado River Basin, and so that’s why they’re growing so much alfalfa.”

Richter said that as a scientist, he is reluctant to tell people what to eat, and thinks everyone should “act on their conscience.”

“Personally, once I started this research, I gave up beef consumption altogether,” Richter said.

Goddammit @Chuck!

54 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

And here we go...

https://www.latimes.com/environment/story/2024-03-28/alfalfa-hay-beef-water-colorado-river

Hay grown for cattle consumes nearly half the water drawn from Colorado River, study finds

Queue incoming article from PETA about the protein from bugs being as delicious as my medium rare ribeye.

I know almost exactly where the cover picture was taken as I've spent a large portion of my life vacationing nearby. Those are the Big Maria mountains in the background.

We're doing fine. I'd take the almond trees out of this state before I'd take the alfalfa out.

image.png

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

34 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I know almost exactly where the cover picture was taken as I've spent a large portion of my life vacationing nearby. Those are the Big Maria mountains in the background.

We're doing fine. I'd take the almond trees out of this state before I'd take the alfalfa out.

image.png

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

I would also add tariffs to exports

59 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I would also add tariffs to exports

The problem is the farmers have a huge lobby. That's why almost every other time you here about water conservation all the  media talks about are lawn sprinklers and swimming pools. There isn't a lobby for homeowner water use.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's obvious that California intended to destroy the solar companies. This shit makes zero sense. 

It makes perfect sense if you are a energy monopoly like the electric companies. How dare some puny environmentally conscious company dare infringe on their stranglehold on energy supplies and bypass the grid.

And now they get to charge even more without even a free market single price per kilowatt, instead a surcharge for just being moderately successful in this State. They don't have to do anything to rake billions of dollars in profit so the Taylor's of the world think poor people are getting a discount. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Every so often the blind squirrel does find an acorn.  Now watch as special interests take the acorn away.

California bill would give workers the right to ignore after-hours calls from bosses

The last two years I have told where I work that my hours end at 6pm every day unless otherwise arranged. This eliminated waiting for finishing editors submitting changes at 10 o'clock at night and expecting to see those revisions in the morning. Before that it was a non stop abuse of deadlines, they would put off completing one show while playing around with the next one further down on their schedule. As I put it to them, their lack of meeting deadlines doesn't constitute and emergency on my end. 

Wonder why it took so long

California Democrats appear to be backtracking on some soft-on-crime policies, according to a number of new bills introduced in the state legislature seeking harsher penalties for retail theft.

Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo, a Democrat from LA County and vice chair of the Legislative Progressive Caucus, introduced AB 1990, which would allow law enforcement to conduct arrests without a warrant for shoplifting. Officers would only need to have probable cause.

The bill, known as the Secured Transactions and Organized Theft Prevention (STOP) Act, would also make any theft of merchandise or property under $950 a misdemeanor, sparking the anger of progressive lawmakers who believe tough-on-crime policies will lead to overcrowded prisons as they did in the 1990s.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-dems-anger-progressive-push-harsher-penalties-shoplifters-amid-rising-crime

Just now, Redondo said:

Wonder why it took so long

California Democrats appear to be backtracking on some soft-on-crime policies, according to a number of new bills introduced in the state legislature seeking harsher penalties for retail theft.

Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo, a Democrat from LA County and vice chair of the Legislative Progressive Caucus, introduced AB 1990, which would allow law enforcement to conduct arrests without a warrant for shoplifting. Officers would only need to have probable cause.

The bill, known as the Secured Transactions and Organized Theft Prevention (STOP) Act, would also make any theft of merchandise or property under $950 a misdemeanor, sparking the anger of progressive lawmakers who believe tough-on-crime policies will lead to overcrowded prisons as they did in the 1990s.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-dems-anger-progressive-push-harsher-penalties-shoplifters-amid-rising-crime

...progressive lawmakers who believe tough-on-crime policies will lead to overcrowded prisons...

Hey, stupid fucks, these are criminals so treat them as such. If they are crammed 4-6 to a cell then maybe that would be a deterrent to being a criminal because life sucks in prison. 

On 4/3/2024 at 9:22 AM, gotbeer said:

Every so often the blind squirrel does find an acorn.  Now watch as special interests take the acorn away.

California bill would give workers the right to ignore after-hours calls from bosses

On 4/3/2024 at 10:06 AM, Jason said:

This is rather subjective. 

I got a call last night from someone trying to get the cell phone number for a guy on vacation so that he could ask him a stupid question about some shit that barely even matters. I'm convinced some of these people simply have an addiction.

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I got a call last night from someone trying to get the cell phone number for a guy on vacation so that he could ask him a stupid question about some shit that barely even matters. I'm convinced some of these people simply have an addiction.

For some people, their work is the only thing they have in their life