• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Resolving Hamilton

Hamilton is a gifted and talented baseball player.  The problem is, everything came to him naturally.  He has no idea how to make any adjustments.  Even when coached on what he needs to do, he is unable to do it.  It is obvious his wife is the brains of the marriage.

Again the bat is not causing him to continuously chase balls out of the zone. 

What needs to be done? He needs to stop chasing. 

Hasn't hamilton's approach been the same throughout his career, though? I haven't looked into it, but I believe he's always been a free swinger.

I don't believe this is something he just recently started doing.

Hamilton even as bad as he is going would still have 8 homers in that box in Arlington. The biggest issue to me is that he says he is under no pressure. That coupled with his lack of discipline at the plate make it look as tho he is just going through the motions. I think he is going to be hitting great sooner rather than later but he is just a pawn in another slow start by the angels. Too many early season holes to dig out of. We need to be playing winning baseball in ST. Not just getting our innings or at bats in. Real game situations so we are ready for the season.

Hamilton even as bad as he is going would still have 8 homers in that box in Arlington. The biggest issue to me is that he says he is under no pressure. That coupled with his lack of discipline at the plate make it look as tho he is just going through the motions. I think he is going to be hitting great sooner rather than later but he is just a pawn in another slow start by the angels. Too many early season holes to dig out of. We need to be playing winning baseball in ST. Not just getting our innings or at bats in. Real game situations so we are ready for the season.

no. that would put him over anyone else on the rangers and he's not making any solid contact. his best game has been the one in which he got 3 or 4 infield singles batting 5th.

The biggest thing he has to do is to just adjust. Sounds like stating the obvious but he needs to start figuring out what pitches he's getting thrown in certain situations. Once he starts laying off the horrible off speed pitches off the plate and in the dirt, he'll start seeing more hittable fastballs.

Agreed and yet you can find cheap defensive right fielders anywhere that can't hit. So his value is almost nothing until he reduces his zone to pitches he can make solid contact with rather than just contact. Even if that means watching a ball on the corners called for strike 3.

Even when he hits the ball, it's not very hard.
If not for his defense, he'd be basically zero value right now.

There's absolutely nobody in the Angels organization (other than Hamilton himself) who is responsible for his lack of plate discipline.

Amen

Even Ham himself seems to have forgotten the true hitter he was before last year.  He needs to find the consistent hitter he was before swinging for the downs.  He need to focus on putting good wood on the ball without swinging for the fences.  No question that that is what made him prominent to begin with, and he seems to have forgotten that, somewhat.  I'd much rather see him take this approach to the plate then anticipating an HR.  The only thing getting in the way is the bat itself he's taking to the plate with him, it seems to me.  The bat is uncoordinated with his swing, still, time to change, it needs calibrating. 

I've been saying that all along, and I think it will in end up the case. 

AO you just won't understand how much of a troll you have become. You derail every thread you are involved in, unable to stay on topic. This is not about disagreements in a topic, this about you unable to stay on topic.

Stay on the topic of any given thread and I will address your comments but from here on out you try and derail the train I will delete your comments. Understand?

thank god you're here.

you need to start your own message board and go there and play brain police.

I see plenty of comments to keep pushing him down in the order and I don't know how that "fixes" Hamilton. Maybe it just keeps him out of situational hitting.

Here's a thought...MOVE HIM UP TO #2. My reasoning is this:

- Mike Trout is .390 OBP in May and Scioscia seems to be giving him more of a green light

- Hamilton has been a disaster with off speed out of the strike zone.  

- With Trout on base in front of Hamilton, the opposing pitcher will need to choose: throw off speed and basically give Trout 2B or keep Trout in check by sticking to fastballs.

- Perhaps the result is Hamilton facing less off speed and more fastballs giving him a chance to get back into a confident groove.

Now, please flame away. 

I see plenty of comments to keep pushing him down in the order and I don't know how that "fixes" Hamilton. Maybe it just keeps him out of situational hitting.

Here's a thought...MOVE HIM UP TO #2. My reasoning is this:

- Mike Trout is .390 OBP in May and Scioscia seems to be giving him more of a green light

- Hamilton has been a disaster with off speed out of the strike zone.  

- With Trout on base in front of Hamilton, the opposing pitcher will need to choose: throw off speed and basically give Trout 2B or keep Trout in check by sticking to fastballs.

- Perhaps the result is Hamilton facing less off speed and more fastballs giving him a chance to get back into a confident groove.

Now, please flame away. 

Two strike pitchout = strike 'em out, throw 'em out

• Hamilton is a complete basket case. He's one of the dumbest players in professional sports and has never worked at his craft. Now that a severe weakness has been found in his game it's being exploited and he has no idea how to adjust. ...he may not have it in him to ever adjust.

I fear that this may be dead on, and we're locked into a five-year deal.

Hey, anything is worth a try. Very few thought Hunter could handle hitting 2nd, but he excelled at it. Many more fastballs may be seen that way.

Why would any pitcher throw Hamilton more fastballs when they know he will chase those outside breaking pitches?  And we all know he would regardless of his spot in the lineup or the situation. We've been watching it happen all year.

Anyone notice lately the bat has changed?  The end is cupped compared to it full before.  It's allowing him and he's swinging with more control without going up there and clubbing at it. A slight hiccup with the sinusitis but he's getting back.  This team is ALL coming together, it's getting there, they will surge.  

I'm concerned about Trumbo, though.