• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols ahead of schedule; will make ST debut Friday.

Richard

Albert Pujols - 488 RBI and 146 HR in last 5 years (4 1/2)

Sure he is slow, sure he is way over paid, but only Trout has had more production in the last 5 years on the Angels. I doubt there are many players in the ML with more RBI and HR than Albert.

Say what you want about him but he gives everything he has every game unlike Hamilton for instance.

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Albert Pujols - 488 RBI and 146 HR in last 5 years (4 1/2)

Sure he is slow, sure he is way over paid, but only Trout has had more production in the last 5 years on the Angels. I doubt there aren't many players in the ML with more RBI and HR than Albert.

Say what you want about him but he gives everything he has every game unlike Hamilton for instance.

Kind of like someone who still drives a Humvee.

41 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I can't stand the guy.

No attempt to change your mind, but why?  That's kind of puzzling to me.  He is a very good person who is a family man and charitable and plays the game the right way.  Is it the money?  I personally will never hold a contract against a player unless they are cheaters or they quit (stop trying) once they have the guaranteed contract.  Pujols doesn't fit those descriptions, so what's the beef?  Just curious.

I have no idea whether his is a good person.  Redemption articles by the ton have been written about the most worthless scum of athletes.  I don't have any reason to think he's a bad person, either.  He's just a guy living in a Newport Beach mansion.  What I don't like is his personality. As an Angel, he's seemed to me to be defensive, caustic and rigid.

The charity thing.. please.

He plays the game the right way... isn't he supposed to?  What do you want, a cookie?

I have never liked Angels who made their bones with other teams, and it rubs me wrong that Arte has sold Pujol's Cardinal achievements as something that I am supposed to give a crap about. I don't.  I only care about him as an angel.

Aesthetically, he's a mess to watch.  Old man, can't run, looks like hell out there.

I wish he'd just go away.  I understand that isn't the view of most.

Pujols got fat.  He can't run.  And he isn't nearly as dangerous as an Angel as any of us hoped he would be.  But I don't see much to dislike him personally.  Pretty much anything I hear about him is squarely positive in the "rate him as a human" conversation, so I inquired. What am I missing?

I don't get the answer, but whatever.

Like him or not Albert is a gamer..is his contract a bad one..yes..by all accounts is he a good guy..yes.

Albert was basically paid for what he did in St Louis so some people expected him to have the same success here. Because he hasn't there are those that hold it against him. I don't really blame them for being disappointed but for someone to say they "can't stand him" seems a bit irrational to me.

We don't know if ANY of these people are truly good people for sure.  That's built in.  All we have to go on is what we see and hear.

Aside from the built in unknown, Pujols seems to be pretty close to the top of the list for gobs of data suggesting he is a good dude.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

We don't know if ANY of these people are truly good people for sure.  That's built in.  All we have to go on is what we see and hear.

Aside from the built in unknown, Pujols seems to be pretty close to the top of the list for gobs of data suggesting he is a good dude.

On one post, you say he's a good guy.  On another post you say we don't know if any of these guys are truly good people for sure.

Which is it?