• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gov. Jerry Brown predicts a $1.6-billion deficit as he unveils state budget

"The trajectory of revenue growth is declining," Brown told reporters at the state Capitol on Tuesday as he unveiled the state's budget.

Guess it finally is catching up to the state that if you tax the shit out of everything, people and businesses don't want to stay.

Pretty easy to solve - threaten to make cuts to education then during the next election cycle just ramp up the "for the children" ads and get the voters to raise taxes on the people already paying 95%+ of the income taxes to the state.  After all, they need to pay their fair share.      

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Pretty easy to solve - threaten to make cuts to education then during the next election cycle just ramp up the "for the children" ads and get the voters to raise taxes on the people already paying 95%+ of the income taxes to the state.  After all, they need to pay their fair share.      

hmm, you just might be on to something . . . 

40 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Ever notice how we have been raising billions and billions over the last few years for the children.  And yet California still ranks towards the bottom in test scores? 

Guess it's going towards the pensions, and Tanks vegetarian meals at school.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Ever notice how we have been raising billions and billions over the last few years for the children.  And yet California still ranks towards the bottom in test scores? 

I only eat about 10-20% of what I used to eat so don't lay this on me, bub.

now if you wanted to complain about all the water I'm drinking and the water shortage crisis, fire away.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

If parents don't take their child's education seriously, then no amount of money will solve this. 

28 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

What CF8 said.  Pretty sure there's been studies done that show little correlation between amount spent and results when it comes to education.  No amount of money spent on education will fix what parents don't provide at home.

And yet, every ballot here in the good ole California is let's tax something because our children!

On 1/10/2017 at 2:55 PM, gotbeer said:

Guess it finally is catching up to the state that if you tax the shit out of everything, people and businesses don't want to stay.

I have had multiple job offers from California companies. Taxes and housing costs were the main reasons that the numbers just didn't work. Salaries that sounded good on the surface of it didn't make sense to accept when I did the math.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

If Jerry Brown wasn't such a fuck he'd be ok. At least he's reasonable when it comes to economics. If that Gavin Dickhead gets elected it's gonna get a lot worse from a budget standpoint.

I''m sure satellites are cheap?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-we-re-ready-to-fight-says-gov-jerry-1481739836-htmlstory.html