• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 Fantasy Golf Season

Tank

• Chuck pinned this topic

the rain delay really screwed me over. had bubba watson on my roster and couldn't dump him once he missed the cut because of the timing of when round 2 ended and 3 began, and again when 3 ended and 4 started. i got hosed.

but it's okay as it sets me up for an incredible comeback this year.

13 hours ago, Tank said:

the rain delay really screwed me over. had bubba watson on my roster and couldn't dump him once he missed the cut because of the timing of when round 2 ended and 3 began, and again when 3 ended and 4 started. i got hosed.

but it's okay as it sets me up for an incredible comeback this year.

It's one of the bad things about the Yahoo game that they don't update or extend deadlines when an event gets hit with delays and fields get split up. Everyone gets hosed, not just you Tank.

6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Rickey Fowler has been playing great while riding the pine on my bench..

I moved him over and expect he will pull a groin muscle and WD at some point tomorrow. Then Adam Scott, who I benched will shoot back to back 59s and win by 6 strokes.

I did the same with Fowler.  He was on my bench the past two days in favor of Adam Scott as well.  You never know on this course, it can up and slam a player real fast.  With at least two us of making this change in the A Player category he's probably doomed for sure, LOL.  All my B guys bombed out, except for Howell, so I am down to him as the last hope in the B category for the next two days.

Fantasy golf is damn near as frustrating as the game of golf itself. You almost hate to use top guys like Adam, or Dustin, or Speith, too often this early in the season, because you only have 10 times to use them and it's a long season. Fowler is one of my favorite players, I really want to see him do well, but he is so inconsistent you have to look for courses that fit his game, and this was one, but Adam played well last week and this course fit him even better ...

the A list being so small ( I have no idea how they differentiate the classifications of A B and C list players) you really have to be judicial and pick spots for the A list players. 

Picking the sleepers from the much larger B and C lists seems to be the key, but there is so much talent on tour, and the game is so streaky, and the courses are so tough. It's really hard. The scores in the AW league are really close, closer than they look. The only one that is already out of it is Richter and as long as he doesn't suddenly decide he wants to play, he can't screw anyone up.

Right now anyone can win this and we still have lots of golf and all of the majors, and a bunch of players that could suddenly break out and go on a terror. I'd love to see Rickey be the guy who puts it all together and has a magical 2017, he was my pre-season pick to win a major and be in a lot of final groups, Im rooting for him...and maybe it will happen..but don't do it on my bench dammit. 

On 2/24/2017 at 9:33 PM, Homebrewer said:

Fantasy golf is damn near as frustrating as the game of golf itself. You almost hate to use top guys like Adam, or Dustin, or Speith, too often this early in the season, because you only have 10 times to use them and it's a long season. Fowler is one of my favorite players, I really want to see him do well, but he is so inconsistent you have to look for courses that fit his game, and this was one, but Adam played well last week and this course fit him even better ...

the A list being so small ( I have no idea how they differentiate the classifications of A B and C list players) you really have to be judicial and pick spots for the A list players. 

Picking the sleepers from the much larger B and C lists seems to be the key, but there is so much talent on tour, and the game is so streaky, and the courses are so tough. It's really hard. The scores in the AW league are really close, closer than they look. The only one that is already out of it is Richter and as long as he doesn't suddenly decide he wants to play, he can't screw anyone up.

Right now anyone can win this and we still have lots of golf and all of the majors, and a bunch of players that could suddenly break out and go on a terror. I'd love to see Rickey be the guy who puts it all together and has a magical 2017, he was my pre-season pick to win a major and be in a lot of final groups, Im rooting for him...and maybe it will happen..but don't do it on my bench dammit. 

Yeah, I think a major challenge, as you have pointed out, is conserving the really good and consistent players since 10 times is not that large of a use rate.  It forces you to take some real chances with the lesser players, and you have to really research exactly who might get hot in that particular crowd.  It's a tough game.  I don't get how they classify players either.  At some point everyone will have to dig way down on the A list, and will probably get really burned.

Fowler misses a ton of fairways, puts one in the water on the back, but scrambles and gets some lucky lies in the trees, makes some long putts, and manages to hold on. I watched the whole round, It wasn't pretty.

Kelvim's Putter should get the win this week  with 3 of 4 players in the top 20.

48 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Fowler misses a ton of fairways, puts one in the water on the back, but scrambles and gets some lucky lies in the trees, makes some long putts, and manages to hold on. I watched the whole round, It wasn't pretty.

Kelvim's Putter should get the win this week  with 3 of 4 players in the top 20.

You did win the week HB, good job!  It was a tough week for most of us.  I saw a lot of Fowler's performance as well, he was all over the place.  He kept a decent margin most of the day, which was a good thing, in a close one he might have folded.

59 minutes ago, tomsred said:

We have a stellar field this week for the WGC-Mexico.  Not quite major level but the biggest tournament so far this year.

It's being played at about double the elevation of Denver, which will be interesting. Draws and fades won't draw or fade as much and distances will be about 15 to 25% longer, depending on trajectory. Lots of players have been there practicing for a while. 

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

It's being played at about double the elevation of Denver, which will be interesting. Draws and fades won't draw or fade as much and distances will be about 15 to 25% longer, depending on trajectory. Lots of players have been there practicing for a while. 

400 yard drives here we come.  I'm curious to see this course.

12 hours ago, tomsred said:

We have a stellar field this week for the WGC-Mexico.  Not quite major level but the biggest tournament so far this year.

Day is out with ear infections and flu...but other than that, the top 50 are all there. Going to be tough to pick since this is a new course at high elevation.

5 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Day is out with ear infections and flu...but other than that, the top 50 are all there. Going to be tough to pick since this is a new course at high elevation.

no worries. pat perez has this one in the bag.