• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 Fantasy Golf Season

Tank

DJ injured his back in a fall at his rental home in augusta, and his ability to play is up in the air right now. think i'm going to do the prudent thing and replace him on my roster, but man, i sure was liking his chances for a green jacket this week.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

DJ injured his back in a fall at his rental home in augusta, and his ability to play is up in the air right now. think i'm going to do the prudent thing and replace him on my roster, but man, i sure was liking his chances for a green jacket this week.

That opens things up a bit...I didn't like him this week anyhow, #1s have a pretty bad record at the masters over the past 2 decades.. but that gives some of my boys a better chance.

36 minutes ago, Tank said:

Someone want to explain the scoring system to me? I had guys that finished third (-1) and yet they only received 8 points. How does that make sense?

I think what I read was that they take the low score of the day, and that's 20 points. For each stroke over that score they deduct 2 so if the low score was -7...and your guy was -1 that's 6 points X2 would be 12...which gave you 8 points. 

Standings mean nothing...it's all dependent on the low scoring round.

Happy Moving Day At The Masters!

Anyone that made the cut this year has a chance...and guys at +2 +3 are right in the mix...

I went from 10 points on Thurs to 40 points yesterday. Looking solid for the weekend with Rory, Matsuyama, Spieth and Rahm. Gonna be a fun two days. 

Great conditions at Augusta today...but some really tough pin placements are going to make up for the lack of wind. Watching the early groups and it looks like the course is going to play really tough. Anything under par is going to be a great round. 

That is some leader board...lots of great players within 5-6 strokes of the lead playing against the great Bobby Jones and his living legend Augusta National.

I don't know if she (Augusta) has been any more spectacular than she was yesterday, and she should be even better today, 

I'll be rooting for the Americans, even if they aren't on my squad. I'd love to see Rickey win it..but if he can't I think Jordan might be setting himself up for a big round with some great approach shots, and I've got Spieth on my team.

Image result for usa

Image result for usa

Image result for usa

The guy that screwed me this week is Matsuyama. All year actually. I've started him 4 times this year and he's earned me about 4 points total. Ill get sick of him and the hype, give him the finger, and he'll win 4 straight tournaments.

You watch.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

The guy that screwed me this week is Matsuyama. All year actually. I've started him 4 times this year and he's earned me about 4 points total. Ill get sick of him and the hype, give him the finger, and he'll win 4 straight tournaments.

You watch.

Matsuyama has the low round of the day so far -5. Maybe it's just a pressure thing with him in big events.

Congrats Tank!  You found a nice combination to guide you to victory.  I had Garcia all the way through, but Spieth and Fowler let me down big time today.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Good points week for me after getting totally hosed last week.

11 hours ago, tomsred said:

We had the "New" Sergio, not the old one.  Even that almost wasn't enough.  Sergio's putting still scares me to death.  I still don't know how he won leaving so many first putts short.

That seemed to be the theme on Sunday. NOBODY putted really well. Those greens were as scary as I've ever seen them.

I doubt I would have been able to hold a putter that day, much less put a good stroke on a golf ball.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

That seemed to be the theme on Sunday. NOBODY putted really well. Those greens were as scary as I've ever seen them.

I doubt I would have been able to hold a putter that day, much less put a good stroke on a golf ball.

Well you or I playing the Masters won't be something that we will ever have to contend with, LOL.  Yeah, that's about as fast as I have ever seen them, the wind on the first two days really dried them out.  It was fun TV.  It was kind of interesting that when it was concluding the Angels were rallying for a seven run ninth inning win.  I'm glad I had MLB TV so I could replay the baseball later, nothing was going to drag me away from the Masters.